Followers

Sunday, 3 February 2013

Theme-a-licious for February

A new month means a new theme over at It's Geek to Me Theme-a-licious

Figural February
Who are the people in your neighborhood...your WIP neighborhood, that is? Give your people-populated projects some face time this month.
 
DSCF1761I decided to work on the Winter Fairy from one of my outstanding WIP's.  I've done the Spring and Summer fairies and they are hanging on my stairway walls.  I started the Winter Fairy a very long time ago so it would be nice if I could get quite a bit of this one done this month as there is also a Autumn Fairy to be stitched at a later date to complete the set.  Last night I managed to put some of the backstitch into this piece and some more of the greenery.  My main focus this month will be this piece but I also hope to get some more stitches into the landscape cross stitch too and also my stocking SAL.

DSCF1236The photo prompt for yesterday was PATTERN.  I decided to take a photo of the knitting pattern that I am using for the baby blanket.  It's a booklet of baby patterns and contains another couple of baby blankets and several cardigans and jumpers all very pretty designs.  I've managed to get another pattern repeat completed today and finally think I have got to the halfway point.

It's been quite a productive weekend for me - I hope yours has been just as good.




3 comments:

catherine said...

Great stitching on your WIP and it will look great with the other ones you have done. great prompt photo
x catherine

Jill said...

Christmas Xstitch! Eeek... is it that time already!

Jill x

Julie said...

Winter Fairy looks a nice design.

I had to smile at my hubby last week, he picked up my knitting pattern and just raised his eyebrows, ' it could be all greek to me' he said.