Followers

Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Postage due

DSCF1830 The last card to share from the craft day with Lisa - we did make another one but I gave that to my friend for her birthday last Monday and forgot to take a photo of it first.  This card uses the lovely Postage Due set from SU and the card was made after seeing the video on Dawn's You Tube channel which can be found here.  There's such a wealth of talent out there and this lady has lots of inspirational videos.

I've used a slightly different colour combination using Night of Navy rather than the Early Espresso to use with the blue gingham ribbon I had to hand.

DSCF1814Thursday's photo prompt was LOVE IS, obviously planned for Valentine's Day.  Even after almost 29 years of marriage it's still nice to share a little gift and card with DH.  I'd already posted the card I'd made for him on the left of this photo.  To the right is the beautiful card he bought for me along with a small box of chocolates which were totally delicious and shared with him of course. I still think it's important to show we care even after all this time together - I'd also bought him some chocolates but they didn't last long enough to be added to the photo!
DSCF1826
Friday's prompt was INSIDE YOUR FRIDGE - lucky for me I had cleaned it earlier in the week and had actually been shopping so the fridge looked tidy and full for a change.  The unhealthy items such as sausage rolls are for DS2 to take to work for his lunch - he doesn't do healthy very often.  Working in a supermarket pharmacy four days a week means I only tend to buy food for a few days at a time.  It's easy to pick up a few bits of shopping after work and it also means that there is very little waste as far as fruit, vegetables and other vunerable food stuff is concerned which means a few pennies are also saved.

I will be spending an hour or so with Logan, Savannah and Colette this evening while DH is out.  SIL is at work so it also gives Colette some adult company when the children have gone to bed - it also gives us a chance to have a good old female chinwag!





3 comments:

sandee said...

Would NOT want to take a picture of my ridge as is, would have to straighten and organize first! lol Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I always look forward to hearing from you! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Suzanne said...

Your fridge is sooo tidy! I'd hate to share mine! XX

Julie said...

Well done DH, mmm those choccies look lovely.

The title of this post, i thought you were going to say you had received something that needed the large letter stamp and had to pay the £1 admin charge Royal Mail charge on top of the 8p difference.... made me rant when it happened here when an envelope was fatter than the 5mm allowed for normal post.