Followers

Friday, 15 February 2013

Guilty Pleasure

DSCF1789 I'm finally getting round to posting a few of the photo prompts from the past week - it's been a bit crazy this week with both in work and having family come to stay unexpectedly.  Last Saturday's prompt was GUILTY PLEASURE - for this one I decided to take a photo of just one of the three baskets that I have so far filled up with my clear and unmounted stamps.  I've had to buy more baskets for the rest of them to go in as I have that many!  As you have gathered I love stamps and buying new stamps always gives me pleasure but at the same time while I was putting all my stamps into the basket I couldn't help feeling a little guilty as a lot of them haven't even seen an ink pad yet.  I'm hoping to rectify that over the coming year and I am going to challenge myself to randomly take set a out of the basket each week and make at least one card from that set.

DSCF1803Sunday's prompt was 3 O'CLOCK and you were to take a photo of what you were doing between 3 and 4 o'clock morning or afternoon.  There was no way I could do that at 3 in the morning as I was very much in the land of nod.  In the afternoon though I was happily making cards with my friend Lisa and this is just one of the cards that we made.  I chose to use Tangerine Tango and Early Espresso as my colour scheme and a set of stamps from the       Sale-a-bration offer from SU.  I got the idea for this card from Tami White and instructions can be found here.  Loved the simplicity of this card and yet it looks so very effective.

More photo prompts to follow but now I must carry on with my stitching for the Stocking SAL.  DH is out for the evening so I've got plenty of time to spend on it.


5 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

CRIKEY you have got a lot....still if it keeps you happy you work hard so why not

K. X

Anne said...

Like your card Linda. Sadly yesterday morning I could have taken a photo at three, four in morning. I could not sleep and had not been to sleep by four o clock. Like you I've stamps that have not seen ink yet. When I look at what I've got plus what I've spent on SU I feel so guilty!!!! Anne x

Jill said...

Sounds as if you are getting organised! Jill x

Julie said...

Very vibrant card, lovely.

Darnell J Knauss said...

I share your pain about using up product, Linda! This weekend I started reorganizing my clear stamps by theme. That works better with the way my mind works and it's a big project. I figured it will only get bigger as I keep buying, which I keep doing, even though I told myself I wouldn't until I used everything once. Then I see a card someone made and I want that stamp ... somewhere along the line we lost our self-control, huh?!

That's a darling card you made with Lisa!