Followers

Friday, 8 February 2013

Good intentions

DSCF1784 I had every intention of making carrot and coriander soup this evening.  It did not happen as my brother who is down visiting and staying at our parents house came over for the evening.  I bought the carrots not only with the intention of making the soup but also because it fitted todays photo prompt of ORANGE.  I will now make it tomorrow when we have got back from town where we are hoping to get DH some jeans.  To go with it I am also going to make a lovely cheese and celery loaf.

I have the pleasure of looking after Logan and Savannah for a few hours later in the afternoon into the early evening.  I also have my friend Lisa coming to stay overnight so that we can have a playday on Sunday - lots to look forward to.  I hope you all have a great weekend too.

I have spent some of today on my stocking SAL and have made good progress but we are only posting progress photos once a fortnight.  I've decided to do the backstich as I go (I hate backstitch) and it's surprising what a difference it has already made.  Not that I'm wishing my life away but I can't wait to work on it again next Friday.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Yummy... cheese and celery loaf, please can I have the recipe?

Enjoy your playday with Lisa! Jill x

Emma/Itzy said...

Can't wait to see the stocking progress :)

catherine said...

Hope you enjoy your time with the children Linda and have a great crafty time with your friend too
x catherine

Julie said...

I stitched for the Stocking-a-long too, I have 2 and a half wise men lol.

Angelfish said...

Ooh I like the sound of your bread.
Fiona x

Anne said...

Oooohhh that soup and bread sound delish. We have been at our eldest son's this weekend. We went last Wednesday. They were going out on Friday evening and staying overnight with friends as it was some distance away. So we looked after our grandsons. Love chances to spend time with them. We ame home this morning. Anne x

My name is Wynneth said...

I love carrot and corriander soup, hope you managed to get it made ! Carrots always make a lovely subject for a photograph don't you think ?

I'm guessing it was last weekend that Lisa came to stay so hope you had a great play time.

luv
wynneth
x