Followers

Monday, 25 February 2013

February Sugar Block

DSCF1870 I finally managed to complete the February Sugar Block for this month.  It involved foundation paper piecing which as I haven't completed all of the 2012 Craftsy BOM's I haven't done before.  It was an interesting technique and I can see how it could be very useful but I'm not sure it's one that I would like to do a lot of.  I made a few errors along the way such as not getting the initial piece of fabric round the right way - fortunately noticing before I'd stitch too far along and not always allowing enough fabric when joining the pieces together.  That being said it's another skill learnt and nothing that can be rectified when a border goes round the block.

DSCF1836
I am trying as hard as I can with catching up with the photo prompts so that I can get back to posting them on a daily basis.  Wednesday's prompt was WHERE YOU STOOD.  I had to collect a couple of parcels from our local sorting office so Max and I took a walk up there in the morning and this is WHERE WE STOOD while waiting in the queue.  We're lucky to have the sorting office within a relatively short walking distance so not only do Max and I get some much needed exercise but it also saves on fuel.

DSCF1868
Thursday's prompt was FULL and I have taken a photo of the soaps I recently bought from The Little Cornish Soap Company.  They are FULL of natural products and smell delicious too.  Each individually wrapped in their corrugated wrappers and name tagged - such sweet and simple attention to detail.  I ordered them online Sunday evening and so they would have been with me on the Tuesday had I been in but I collected them from the sorting office on the Wednesday - one of the two parcels on that day - the other is a present for someone so I can't show that just yet but it is just as nice but very different.  Great service I think and would definitely recommend them.

DSCF1862
Finally for today is Friday's photo prompt which was MAKES YOU SMILE and this was an easy one.  Seeing my grandchildren always MAKES ME SMILE and it was nice to be able to enjoy a lovely walk in the fresh winter air with them.  In this photo they are picking some pretty purple flowers from the bank which is located at their local  railway branch line.  The simple things often give the most pleasure.  While Connor was reluctant to go out for a walk initially he soon forgot and thoroughly enjoyed himself.



4 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Lovely block Linda and well done for finishing it, I made mistakes too....not my favourite quilting method either.

Nice photos too x

Emma/Itzy said...

Great update :)

Julie said...

This block is super, the darker brown centrals just pop out at you.

Grandschildren are the best medicine, they make a dull day a sunny and happy one ... unless they are starting the terrible 2's lol

Suzanne said...

I love handmade soap - I think it's low cost luxury and I buy it for myself! Great post. X