Followers

Monday, 18 February 2013

Chalkboard Technique

DSCF1829 Today I'm sharing another of the cards I made with Lisa during our crafting day at my house.  It's called the chalkboard technique and I'd been itching to give it a go.  I gained the inspiration from Sandi MacIver and a video on the technique can be found here.  I've used the dies and stamps set in the Hearts a Flutter bundle available from SU.  I've also used the small SU heart punch, bakers twine and a sentiment from the Vintage Verses Sale-a-bration set.  I'm quite pleased with my first attempt and I think it's a technique that can be used for a variety of occasions.  I've one more card to show you from that crafting session but I'll leave that for another day.

DSCF1818A couple more photo prompts to share with you again today.  On Tuesday last week we had to take a photo of WHERE YOU ATE LUNCH.  Tuesday is a work day for me so I ate my lunch in the staff restaurant so nothing fancy to show today.  Normally it would be filled with people at lunch time but I'm sure I would have got a few strange looks if I'd taken it then.  I decided to wait until later in the day when I knew it would be quieter and I wouldn't feel quite so conspicuous. I have to admit when I moved from working behind the scenes in the staff restaurant to working in the pharmacy it felt a little strange sitting the other side of the counter instead of serving the lunch.

DSCF1799Wednesdays prompt was WALK and the aim was to take a photo of something you saw while you were on your walk.  I took Max for a walk along the creek and on our way back home I came across one of the trees which was starting to be come out in pretty blossom.  It's always a beautiful site to see all the pale pink and white blossom on the trees but sadly all too often the winds come along with the rain and it is soon blown away.  Fortunately it has been nice and sunny for the past few days so with any luck it will be hanging around for a little longer to be admired.

Yesterday I was able to get quite a bit of stitching done on the Winter Fairy - a very relaxing day.  I also made mushroom soup this week for our lunchtime snack and very nice it was too.  I'm really enjoying trying out all the different soup recipes each week.





3 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Linda

Great card and lovely photos, I am loving your photos so much

K x

Julie said...

Lovely to see the blossom out, that definately means spring is on the way ... doesn't it? lol

You make such super cards Linda.

catherine said...

Looks great Linda and I will have to pop over and look at the link
x catherine