Followers

Wednesday, 16 January 2013

WOYWW #189

DSCF1088 Not a great deal of crafting has been taking place on my workdesk this week as I have spent most of it stitching but I have got some lovely new stash from SU to play with.  I also picked up this magazine today while out with mum shopping as it had a lovely Woodware owl stamp set free with it - just couldn't resist it.  The LO from last week still hasn't been done - maybe this week along with some card samples for a workshop I have coming up in February.  Off now to Julia's Stamping Ground to see what other WOYWWers have been up to.  I don't get chance to visit all of them but I do try and visit those whose digit ends in the same as my entry.

DSCF1086The photo prompt for today is TWO THINGS so I thought I would show you a picture of my new wellington boots that I got for Christmas.  I'd asked for a pair of wellingtons for going out walking with Max when it has been raining heavy and the ground is all muddy to save my hiking shoes from getting wet and mucky.  DH had a fun time trying to get me a pair as I'd said I wanted a pink pair to go with my waterproof coat but they had to have some sort of pattern on.  Initially he ordered a pair from E-Bay but when the lady went to send them she said that pair were faulty and she didn't have another pair.  So he then tried Amazon, ordered a pair, they arrived but they were not the ones he had ordered.  DH then decided he would have to face the trip into town and do some 'real' shopping only to find every pair he thought would be suitable were unavailable in my size so his first trip was unsuccessful.  Another trip the following week proved to be more fruitful and this is the pair he was able to get me and I was delighted with them.  They have been put to very good use since Christmas and I have enjoyed being childish when we have been out and splashing in the puddles.


19 comments:

Di said...

Love the owl stamps and I truly do crave those wellies! For goodness sakes, I'd fight folk for pink wellies!!! Happy WOYWW, hugs, Di xx

Ann B said...

Love the willies and I can totally appreciate not wanting to get hacking boots dirty. I have two pairs, one,older and murkier, for dog walking, and a second lovely red for posh walks.
Those Stamping Up stamps look good, don't have any of these but I need some
Ann B
#32

Jill said...

Love those wellies! Fishing wellies might be better for the weather we have been having! My craft room is gradually being put back together, perhaps I might be sort of straight sometime next week! Jill x

Di said...

Thank you Linda for the info. about the wellies :) Radley have some out with their signature little scottie dogs on - but is it craft goodies or new wellies? Decisions!

Di xx

Sarah said...

Ooh look at that lovely pile of SU stamps!!! Reminds me I have two new sets I got before Xmas that I've not yet played with. Gorgeous wellies too! Thanks for visiting my woyww today! Sarah #133

Linda w said...

What dedication in getting you the right gift....lots of brownie points for hubby there. Great to see your stash..I'd not be able to resist a cute owl stamp either. happy WOYWW, thanks for the visit. Hugs lin

Emma/Itzy said...

Yay! Nice wellies! I got some last year for when I went to the local festival, I ended up getting mine from amazon - black with pink soles and multi coloured apples all over :D haha

Ria Gall said...

oh lucky you some nice new crafting stash and thanks for the heads up on the magazine with the owls. Loving the boots
Ria #114

Carole Z said...

I love some of the stamps we get with mags these days! Your wellies are cool - we keep pet hens so mine have hens all over them lol! Happy WOYWW and thanks for visiting my blog, Carole Z #121

Pam said...

Nice wellies they will cheer up any rainy day! Hugs Pam x

Robin Spitzer said...

How fun those boots look! I love the patchwork background to your blog page!

Thank you for your visit

Hugs, Robin #109

My name is Wynneth said...

Those new SU! goodies are certainly yummy, thanks for sharing them last night ! Thank you also for #making' me get the mag with the Woodware owl stamp freebie !!! I LOVE those pink wellies, they're really fabulous and just the sort of things I love to wear ! Splashing in puddles is great fun isn't it LOL Well done Ian for being so persistent in tracking those beauties down. Enjoy your cardmaking and scrapbooking this week.
luv
wynneth
x

My name is Wynneth said...

Me again ! forgot to let you have the link to my pal Katie's blog, we were talking about it last night. It's her LO the pink cardis are for. Here's the link http://am-i-a-dreamer.blogspot.co.uk/
luv
wynneth
x

Saxo Stamper said...

Ooh love the wellies.....nice stash too k x

Lori said...

Oh oh oh!!! I need those Wellies!!! I have wanted some for years but have not bought any because I could not find the perfect ones. Please tell me you know where I can order some? Please!!

Sorry I am 2 days late getting to your blog. I have been battling a nasty flu bug.
Lori #84

Nicky said...

Looks like some nice stash to play with and I love your pink wellies, I have some pink ones with white spots but they are starting to show there age and I cannot find any to replace them yet - I am not sharing a desk as away from home looking after my friends cattery but enjoying having a good look around everyone else's desk

Julie said...

Fab wellies!

April Story said...

You got lots of yummy stuff from Stampin Up - can't wait to see what you do with all those stamps. And the boots - ADORABLE! I'd be jumping in puddles, too.
April #141

Amy E said...

Wow Linda! What an incredible hubby you have that will go through all that shopping just to find a pair of boots like you want! How sweet is that?!?!

Your desk is looking fun this week! I wish we had magazines here that came with stamp sets! If we do, I've never seen them!

Thanks for stopping by this week!

Amy E. #21
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com