Followers

Wednesday, 30 January 2013

WOYWW #191


DSCF1211I missed taking part in last weeks WOYWW but was determined to jump back on board again today.  Not that there is a lot of crafting activity on the workdesk this week as I have been spending most evenings working on Yiota's landscape cross stitch.  All that is on my workdesk is a stack of 12 x 12 storage boxes waiting to be filled with more retired SU wood mounted stamps. My crafting pals were kind enough to pick these up for me at the craft show last week - I wasn't able to go as I was working :(  I think this will just about be enough for them but I may have to get more of them at the next show for all the other wood mounted stamps from other manufacturers.  There also appears to be a rogue tub of murky looking water and some pipettes which I think have strayed over from DH's workspace - will need to speak sternly to him about that as there is a definite one way system in the room which only allows me to spill over into his area!!!

DSCF1198For those of you that are just coming to look at the WOYWW post then you may just want to scroll down and ignore the rest of the post, but for those of you following my photo prompts then here we go.  Max and I were able to get out and enjoy a lovely walk in the sunshine this morning at Saltram.  It may have been sunny but it was most definitely wet and muddy still and my wellies came in very handy.  The photo prompt for today is DOWN and Max certainly needed a good rub DOWN with his towel when we got back to the car.  One of the hazards of being a vertically challenged dog is that it is very difficult not to end up with an incredibly muddy belly and legs.

DSCF1204While we were out on our walk we saw lots and lots and lots of snowdrops - in one particular section the floor was covered with them - such a beautiful sight which again reminds us despite the dismal weather of late that Spring is on it's way.

I love walking round Saltram at all time of the year as you can so clearly see the different seasons and there is always something different that catches your eye.  Nature truly is a wonderful thing.  We also saw a beautiful Robin perched on one of the tree branches but I wasn't quick enough to capture his photo.

DSCF1205DSCF1206









Further around on our walk they have dug out the word Saltram and have obviously planted spring bulbs there which are now starting to make an appearance and I am sure in a few more weeks will start coming out to delight us with their sunshine colours.  No doubt when they are in full bloom they will be visible from one of the main roads into Plymouth which is across the river from Saltram.

DSCF1207Even further along on the marsh, although not visible in the next photo were a mass of Canadian geese and the common white geese (sorry not aware of their correct breeding name) which could be viewed from the bird hide.  I wonder if it's the same Canadian geese that return to Laira depot each year to have their young.  We spent a good hour and a half walking around and loved every minute of it.

The rest of the morning/early afternoon has been spent with mum where we enjoyed a visit to one of the local garden centres where I picked up lots and lots of heart shaped boxes with the intention of decorating and filling with little chocolates/gifts for the children/granchildren and parents for Valentines day.  It's not something I've done before but just thought it would be nice to do and show them that they are loved all year round.  I think this could be a project I'll be working on at the weekend when I have some crafting friends coming round to play for the day.

Must remember that I am picking DH up from work today as we are going to order the sofa bed for No 2 sons bedroom - once ordered it means I will have to do an awful lot of sorting out so that we can change bedrooms around - wish me luck!



11 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

I know how Max feels with being a little short in the leg (from his friend Barney) x

Lovely post today Linda, what great photos

kx

Jill said...

I shall look forward to pixies of the heart shaped boxes on here! It's a great idea! Jill x

Carol Yates said...

Sounds like you have had a busy day, and that you have got lots more busyness coming up.
Carol.x #56

Ria Gall said...

Looks like you are going to be busy but life is so much better when everything has a place. I love those 12x12 and A4 boxes they make great storage
Ria #4

catherine said...

Looks like you'll be able to sort your storage out with those boxes Linda.
Great photos for the prompts.
x catherine

Jackie said...

Seeing your picture of the bulbs coming up is hope for warmer weather soon
Loved the dirty dog legs
Jackie 17

Anne said...

A busy dayLinda. Lovely photos. I have not long ago emptied a lot of those boxes you are noww filling :-) What do you do wth your retired stamps? Anne x #144

Queenie Jeannie said...

I unmounted all my wood mount stamps and that saves sooo much room! You might consider it unless you really love the wooden blocks! Keep dry!

Happy Crafting!
Jeannie #12

Annie said...

you're not the only one that needs more boxes .. .. I didn't get to the show either but hopefully next time. Mind you I keep saying that and never manage it. I see the Bodmin Stamping show is on again this year at the beginning of May, perhaps you might make it? thanks for the SU! card, I'll send Mark around to Wynneth's to pick it up as I can't leave Mum just at the moment. Would you order me the pack of Subtles next time please - I'll give the money to Wynneth as before.
hugs, annie x

Julie said...

That looks a lovely place for a wander.

Julia Dunnit said...

ah, empty storage boxs, what a joy...it means you have lots to ut in them! I use them for scrapbook appars, they help me keep them in slightly pristine condition! Love the one way traffic rule on your desk...bet it's only a rule in your head though!