Followers

Wednesday, 2 January 2013

WOYWW #187

DSCF1008 What's on my workdesk ties in very nicely with the photo prompt on Chantelles blog.  Today saw me finally get round to purchasing some fat quarters for the Sugar Block Club project which started yesterday - so both material and quiliting project are NEW.  As you can see I haven't cut any of it out yet but I did get round to printing out the instructions this morning so it's one step nearer - if I get chance this evening I will cut out the pieces ready to make a start on stitching them together at the weekend.

Don't forget to go over to Julia's Stamping Ground blog and find out what other crafters have been up to - it's where I'll be heading to very soon.

Weather is back to it's usual dreary grey and wet self - too much to hope that the sunshine would stay for more than one day.  On the plus side though it means there's not much else to do other than craft!

15 comments:

Ann B said...

Love all those shades of brown and cream in your fat quarters, will make a lovely project.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Ann B
58

Nan G said...

Love the fabric colors you'll be working with! Thanks for the visit. New Year's greetings! Nan 78

Jill said...

Love the colours Linda, looking forward to seeing the completed quilt. Jill x

Lisa said...

oooh, love the colors of your fat quarters. I so want to make a quilt. Good luck on your project.
Happy New Year. LisaDV #99

Caz said...

I have material on my "other" desk that I got in the sales - since I've been given Ian's Gran's Singer machine, I've been sewing lots of little bits and pieces so I'm starting to get back into more adventurous things!! Will go and check out what you've bought the material for!!
Happy New Year and Happy WOYWW
Caz
#103

catherine said...

Love the neautral colours in these fabrics. Can't wait to see what you make with them
x catherine

Saxo Stamper said...

Lovely fabric Linda x it will make a lovely quilt k x

MiniOwner said...

I'll watch with interest to see what you do with the fat quarters. I'm dipping my toe into quilting fo rhte first time - well I've bought a kit, that's as far as I have got! Happy Wednesday and Happy New Year, too. :o)
Sue x (MiniOwner@68)

belldoubleyou said...

So many lovely browns and creams! Really they are quite perfect for your project, because they look like all the different shades of sugar!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Good luck with your fat quarters. I love to buy them for all the pretty designs and colors, rarely do I get much done with material!!! Happy WOYWW and Have a wonderful New Year
#87

Erika said...

Linda I like the look of those fat quarters, have fun! Happy New Year and all the best for a creative 2013, hugs Erika.

Anne said...

Hi Linda like your choice of Fat Quarters. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them. Been grey and dreary here as well. Anne x #120

Julia Dunnit said...

Ooh Linda, what a lovely selection . I would need to admire these in my possession for quite along time before I was prepared to cut them up! Lovely rich graduation of colour...exciting stuff.

Angelfish said...

Nice to see somebody else trying their hand at patchwork/quilting. I'm joining in with Chantelle's prompts as well and my photo for yesterday was fabric too! We seem to have quite a bit in common :o)
Fiona xx

Eliza said...

A New product how wonderful, you certainley have chosen some really beautiful material with devine colours to work with. Good luck and I look forward to seeing what you create with them.

Eliza