Followers

Friday, 11 January 2013

Water, water everywhere.

DSCF1056 The photo prompt for today is WATER - now there has been an abundance of that in the UK for the past few weeks, months, whatever!  I decided to take a photo of one of the plant saucers which we had placed on one of our very large garden planters which has been constantly full of water for I don't know how long.  As you can see there are some leaves which obviously fell there in the Autumn and I honestly can't remember when we put the saucer in the planter but it was some time ago.  I like the way the inside of the saucer reminds me of a compass and the addition of the leaves and the reflections gives it a bit of a steampunk feel to me.

DSCF1059Apart from knitting I've not done much other crafting but as the weather for the weekend seems to be yet more rain and also getting colder I think this weekend I might concentrate on the LK months of the year sewing.  Over the festive period I treated myself to some books and this English Paper Piecing book was one of them - lots of lovely quilts. table runners and wall hangings to look at and who knows maybe one day I might even complete some of them.  I bought the book from Amazon and think it was one of my better buys.  The front cover quilt would be a great one to use up all the scraps that I am sure to accumulate while doing my BOM's.

Whatever the weather, wherever you are I hope you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy some time to yourself and engage in activities that bring you happiness and joy.


5 comments:

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Darnell J Knauss said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
My name is Wynneth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs A. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.