Followers

Friday, 4 January 2013

The view from here- photo prompt

DSCF1020 The photo prompt for today is The View From Here - sadly I'm not anywhere tropical today or going anywhere exciting so I had to settle for the view at the bottom of the road from near where we live.  You may have seem similar photos of this view on my blog before but for those that haven't it's the view along Ernesettle Creek which leads out into the River Tamar which if you where to turn left onto the river this would lead out to Plymouth Sound which ultimately goes into the English Channel.  If you were to turn right then this would take you down the river to Calstock and various other places.  This is where we take Max for a walk most days when we don't want to go out in the car somewhere for a longer walk.

A little update on Yiota's landscape stitching to show today which ties in with the photo prompt too as it's the view from the window in the kit.  I did manage to get a few stitches in this over the Christmas holiday period for the first time in ages.  This WIP also ties in with Theme-a-licious being hosted by Heather at It's Geek to Mefor January which is Jardin January
DSCF1019
The holidays were a little stressful...let's relax in a nice garden. Work on any piece with flowers or gardens.

I'm hoping to work on this some more at weekends now that I no longer have to work on a Saturday and Sunday - I should be hopefully be able to get an hour or two sat in the conservatory during the daylight hours




6 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Nice view Linda. Well done on managing to put a few stitches into this WiP, it's going to be fantastic when it's finished.

Enjoy your weekend off work :OD

luv
wynneth
x

Anne said...

It may not be tropical but how wonderful to have that view at the bottom of the road where you live.
Glad you will have a bit more time now to craft. Anne x

Julie said...

How clever you stitching update fitted in with the photo hunt too. Have a lovely weekend.

catherine said...

Stitching looks to be coming along with this kit Linda. I am following the theme-licious as well but opting for the christmas onaments instead as I felt I didn't get as much done for last year as I would have liked to.
x catherine

Anne said...

Left a comment yesterday wonder what happened to it?

Eliza said...

What a beautiful view you have, I love the water even when it is rough or choppy I find it relaxing.