Followers

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Pearls, Pearls, Pearls

DSCF1135 For some reason I was unable to upload anything to my blog yesterday evening so this is the post that should have gone up.  First of all I created this card for a work colleague using some lovely Prima papers, a couple of stamps from my stash (the sentiment is SU), ribbon SU, pearls SU and an SU punch used for the sentiment and some Nellies dies.  This card was also made to fit with the 4 Crafty Chicks challenge which is Pearls, Pearls, Pearls.  My last entry was lucky enough to be picked for their Golden Egg award which is proudly displayed in my sidebar.

DSCF1122
The photo prompt for yesterday was WHAT YOU DO.  Something that makes you 'you'.  I opted for this photo of Logan and myself which DH took on Saturday evening which shows me as a Grandmother - something I love being, especially to this little man.  This was when we were watching the nursery rhymes on You Tube.  Of course there are many other things that I do that make me 'me', mother, wife, daughter, sister, crafter, dreamer, etc, etc but this was the only photo that I was able to think would work with the prompt.

With any luck I may be able to get another post on with today's prompt, but if not I'll include it with my post tomorrow.

A dreadful night, thunder, lightening, hailstorm meant it was a disturbed night so I am feeling very tired.  I was late for work despite allowing extra time to get in as there had been several accidents on the A38 which meant everyone was being diverted in all directions.  Thankfully I was only about 15 minutes late and my manager knew the circumstances as it had also affected him too, along with several other members of staff.  More bad weather forecast again - roll on Spring!


8 comments:

Leanne said...

Awesome job, thanks for playing our pearls challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Saxo Stamper said...

I am so enjoying your photos

Lovely card too

K x

Tamie said...

Boy you have the spring weather happening and we have the winter weather going on...you know snow and tons of wind. Take care on the weather front. Congrat's on your win. Sure glad to see you joined us again this week and your card is lovely. All the pearls help to make the sentiment and image pop. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

angelwhispers said...

My word I love it Linda especially the Prima paper just so lush!! Hope you let us see your new craft area when its finished sounds like you are having so much fun there just a shame about the weather!! Its deep in snow here so been in all day! Take Care Love Chanelle xx

Jill said...

Couldn't agree more, roll on spring! Jill x

My name is Wynneth said...

Lovely pearly card Linda, I'm sure your colleague loved it.

What a great pic capturing one of those magical Grandma/Grandchild moments, times to treasure.

The weather was bad this morning, we had planned to go into plymouth but decided to postpone and will try again tomorrow. Fingers crossed we don't get any more snow on thursday to prevent us getting to Westpoint !

luv
wynneth
x

Julie said...

Beautiful picture!
Stay safe in the horrid weather. x

Lori said...

Awesome!! Thanks for playing with us in our "Pearls" challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)