Followers

Sunday, 13 January 2013

Out came the sunshine

DSCF1066 and dried up a lot of the rain, although the temperatures have dropped and it was a frosty start to the morning.  As it was so nice we decided to make the most of the sunshine and take a trip down to Kit Hill.  It was lovely and bright but very fresh out and as you can see it the sun wasn't quite warm enough to melt all of the ice.

DSCF1068The photo prompt today is CIRCLES and one of the information boards giving details of Kit Hill had lots of circular sections so was just perfect.  It's a fantastic place to go for a walk, the views are outstanding and all the information boards giveyou plenty of details about the history behind Kit Hill including information about the mines that were in abundance there many years ago.  Just down the road from Kit Hill a fantastic tea room can be found which is where we stopped and had a cup of tea/coffee and a cake to warm us up and fill our tummies.  Well we'd burnt a few calories on our walk and felt we deserved it!

DSCF1067
This afternoon I have managed to get in some more stitching time and I am so pleased to have my first cross stitch finish for 2013 - yes I've finally completed the months of the year.  I will take it down to the framers in the next couple of weeks so that it can be hung up on one of our walls.  I will now try and spend the rest of the month working on Yiota's landscape cross stitch for the Theme-a-licious being run by Heather at It's Geek to Me.  I have finally got round to listing my WIP's which can be found in my sidebar - out of these four where passed to me as unfinished projects and two I still haven't found the patterns which were from magazines so not sure if they will ever get finished.  It will be interesting to me to see how many of them I can get done this year.
DSCF1073
Thank you to those people that have recommended some future reading to me - I have made a note of them and when I have read my current book I will look to ordering some of your recommendations.



5 comments:

sandee said...

Darnell J Knauss said...

Good job on finishing the beautiful x-stitch, Linda! That will be so pretty framed on your wall. I enjoyed my lovely stroll with you two today!!

Emma/Itzy said...

Sounds like a great walk :) Especially the tea and cafe after hehehe ;)

Well done on your Cross Stitch finish too!

You are right, there is a fourth book to the Emperor series, I think originally there was supposed to be just 3 but another got added along the way.


I have the Kahn books too but have yet to get round to reading them, maybe I will have them for my summer holiday as there is plenty there to keep me busy!

Julie said...

Yippee! Super finish, congrats on your first (of many) finishes this year. X

My name is Wynneth said...

Well done for finishing your project, it looks fabulous. Can't wait to see it all framed up.

It is great up on Kit Hill and don't blame you for making the most of the bit of sunshine we had. I think you certainly deserved the tea/coffee and cake at the teashop after all that exercise !
luv
wynneth
x