Followers

Thursday, 24 January 2013

New Baby

DSCF1141 Today is my late night at work so that is why my post is so late for today.  This morning I was able to catch up with my friend Jill for a cup of coffee and a chat.  We meet at Sainsbury's most of the time as it is midway for both of us - the quality of service and product is not the best but it's convenient for us both.  While we were there I needed to buy some baby outfits as a gift for one of my former work collegues whose daughter has just had a baby.  The photo prompt for today is STRIPES and Jill couldn't believe that I was actually picking out a baby outfit to fit in with the prompt - well there was very little else I could think of taking a photo of today and time was limited!

DSCF1142
I've maded two cards today one of them to go with the gifts and for the new parents congratulating them on the arrival of their new daughter.  I kept them fairly simple as again time was limited.  For the first one I stamped out one of the sentiments from the new  SU Spring/Summer mini catalogue which is a hostess set and will be available from February.  I stamped it in Early Espresso ink and punched it out with one of SU's label punches and matted it onto a Spellbinders die using some of the In Colour papers.  Finished the card off with some pretty pink ribbon from my stash.

DSCF1143The second card was for the proud grandparents and I know Karen is so excited about becoming a grandparent for the first time.  This time I opted to use one of my old SU stamps using Pretty in Pink ink and punched it out with a 1 1/4 inch circle punch on top of a 1 3/8 circle of patterned paper followed by the Pretty in Pink cardstock using the scallop circle punch.  The sentiment is an old Sale-a-bration set I believe.

Bought a couple of crafting magazines after work so I'm going to spend what is left of the evening browsing through them while enjoying a nice cup of  Vanilla Thai Tea.



3 comments:

Jill said...

Ha ha ha! I am enjoying seeing these photos of yours and your struggle to meet the requirements!!! Great to see you again, and see you on the 6th. Jill xx

Saxo Stamper said...

Lovely cards and great baby gifts, congratulations !

Julie said...

Our Sainsburys has a zebra type car park crossing right outside the main door, that's stripes lol
Lovely cards for the families.