Followers

Saturday, 5 January 2013

Movement–photo prompt

DSCF1030 Movement is the photo prompt today and I was able to capture this photo of Connor playing with the Thomas train set at our house - please excuse the awful flowery carpet which I am hoping will be replaced this year when and if it gets decorated.  Movement is also the reason we have had the pleasure of looking after Connor today as his parents are moving house over the weekend.

We have played with the train set, taken Max for a walk and called in to see both sets of great grandparents and had a play in the park.  While Grandad was keeping Connor occupied with his model railway layout I was able to cut out some of the dresden shapes needed for the July Craftsy BOM which with any luck might get completed over the weekend.  It's been really  nice having him and it will be really quiet when he has gone home as he is a real chatterbox - I think both DH and myself may have thought we've gone deaf then!

Yesterday evening I spent going through some old Cross Stitch Gold magazines looking for Christmas stocking charts and thankfully I have managed to find four different one so that each of the grandchildren can have their own design.  I'm joining  my blogging friend Julie from Julie's Stitchyknitter Journal in February in a Christmas stocking SAL as we both want to stitch stockings and this will keep us both motivated.  Hopefully I'll have at least one stocking done for Christmas 2013.  Ideally I'd like to get two done this year for our eldest son's children.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Phew CHRISTMAS 2013 you are getting ahead with your plans. Should be doing the same really. Was so behind with everything this year. Left comment yesterday but I think it must be lost in the ether. Hope this makes it. Anne x

catherine said...

Sounds like you have had a good and busy day Linda. I was having a look at the list for the photo challenge and think you have done a great job with todays theme. I would love to join in stitching a stocking as I really want to do a lot more for this year than I did last. How do you join SAL's?
x catherine

Mrs A. said...

Caught the movmement of the train perfectly. I have made advent calenders and pixies for the past two christmases and thought I had finished but now friends want them for their off spring so looks like I will be remaking them again this year!! Hugs Mrs A.

My name is Wynneth said...

What a great pic Linda, fantastic how you captured the movement like that. Sounds like you've had a busy day 'baby' sitting then. Hope their house move went well.

Getting organised for Christmas 2013 early then ! I hope to get going with some cards very soon. Don't know what's going on with Blogger, but I can't upload any pix to my blog at the moment, got a pal who is having the same probs so it's not just me. Looks like you don't have the same problem.

luv
wynneth
x

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.