Followers

Sunday, 6 January 2013

Just mine

DSCF1035 The photo prompt for today is MINE - now there are lots of things in our household that are just mine, the iron, the washing machine, etc  This teapot and cup set is most definitely mine as it was one of the wonderful gifts I received at Christmas.  This little beauty which I shall enjoy a cup of tea from when left on my own of a Sunday afternoon was given to me by my dear friend Jill - thank you! 

Today our eldest son David and his family came for Sunday roast and then we looked after Connor and Elisah for a few hours this afternoon while they continued to remove the rest of their home into temporary accomodation.  It's been a wet and miserable day today so not able to take them out for some fresh air so lots of keeping them entertained with toys, colouring and making paper aeroplanes.  It's lovely having them but it's so nice to have the peace and quiet back when they have gone home. 

DSCF1037I thought I'd share my months of the year with you today.  I had hoped to get it completed at the end of 2012 but that didn't happen.  It is my aim to try and get this completed this month so that I can get one 'finish' done by the end of January to get the year rolling.  If I put my mind to it then this shouldn't really take too long to do.

Before the family descended on us for lunch I did manage to stitch the dresden pieces together and put them on my block.  I've still got to put the centre circle in place and put some finishing touches to it but that will be another of the Craftsy 2012 blocks completed only another seven to complete.  I've also signed up to the 2013 BOM from Craftsy but I'm not allowed (in theory) to start them until I've done this one.

4 comments:

catherine said...

That is such a lovely gift from your friend Linda and something you sound like you will enjoy having. Glad you enjoyed some family time again.
x catherine

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

Sounds like a mad house but fun, the stitching looks super, can't wait to see it finished.

K xx

My name is Wynneth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.