Followers

Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Happy New Year

DSCF1006 Wishing you all a healthy and prosperous New Year.  Today we woke up to see blue sky and sunshine - a complete contrast to yesterdays weather which saw more downpours - so glad I was working.  We decided to make the most of the nice weather today and took MIL and Max out for a walk from Yelverton to Gem Bridge.  It was lovely to be able to get out in the fresh air and enjoy the beautiful countryside - there are some amazing views from Gem Bridge.  Once upon a time there used to be a railway line that used to run along this route but that went into disue a long time ago. This photo ties in nicely for the photo prompt on Chantelle's blog - a great idea and I wonder how long I'll be able to keep up with this.

DSCF1002I have this card to share with you today - I made it a while ago and CASED it from Sandi MacIiver.  It uses two SU stamps sets, French Foliage and Just Believe.  The colours are Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler, the paper is from the current mini catalogue so only available until the end of this month.  The lace ribbon is just gorgeous and so soft and easy to tie into knots and bows to give a slight vintage feel to your cards.

Today sees the start of The Sugar Block club, I've received the first e-mail and I'm looking forward to making a start on this later in the week.  I'm going out to Tavistock tomorrow to hopefully pick up the fat quarters for this - nothing like leaving it until the last minute (nothing new for me).  I'm doing this along with my friends Karen and Wynneth so I will have two people giving me encouragement to do this each month.  This is just one of the many fun crafting projects for me to enjoy in 2013.





6 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Happy New Year Linda!!! The photo looks wonderful a lovely day and a superb card in such wonderful colours! Chanelle xx

Jill said...

Good luck with the quilting Linda! I am only doing 2 quilts at the moment! The crazy quilt and I have got to couch dragons onto the oriental quilt. Planning to start an Amish quilt in the next month.

Wasn't it nice to see the sun for a change.

Jill x

country girl said...

Snap!
Walked from the opposite direction this afternoon the weather was a bit more cloudy but lovely to get out in the fresh air. Great to see lots of people out with the same idea.
Happy New Year to you and the family

Chris

Saxo Stamper said...

Happy new year x gorgeous day, gorgeous photo and lovely card x x

My name is Wynneth said...

Lovely photo Linda, don't blame you getting out into the fresh air for a walk. It was such a nice change to wake up to bright skies this morning !

Good luck with getting your FQ's for the new BOM - hoping to get going with the january one myself very soon. Do you know what colours you want to use for it ?

luv
wynneth
x

catherine said...

Happy new year Linda. Your photo looks great and I am aiming for more walking this year. Me and hubby are planning to journal 52 walks.
x catherine