Followers

Wednesday, 5 December 2012

WOYWW #183

DSCF1597WOYWW - well for the past couple of days I have been working on the baby blanket I want to try and get completed for our friends who are having their first baby in May.  I decided to go with white and it's being worked in 4ply wool.  There are 303 stitches and 16 rows to each pattern repeat.  So far I have managed to complete 2 pattern repeats and am guesstimating that it will take approximately 21 pattern repeats to get to the desired length.  After that there is the border to do.  It's a fairly simple pattern but quite pretty at the same time.  Short and sweet today as I'm late getting this linked up and I want to check out some of the other workdesks.

11 comments:

butterfly said...

Looks so lovely and soft, and such a pretty pattern... I'm in awe of anyone who can knit/crochet/sew - miles out of my comfort zone, in fact pretty much pure torture to me!! Thanks so much for your visit and happy WOYWW!
Alison x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

300 stitches in one row - you must have long needles!! Actually I've done a blanket very similar in the past. It's amazing how it does grow even if you just get a couple of rows at a time done. And if the pattern's simple, you can just keep it in your head, can't you? Hope it grows fast for you!
Hugs, LLJ #30 xx

Jill said...

Ooh Linda that's a lot of knitting! It's looking good though. Jill x

Julie said...

I love hand knitted blankets, yours looks superb.

My name is Wynneth said...

This looks really pretty Linda - lot of stitches and a pattern rows, but it will be well worth it. 4ply does seem to take forever to grow ! Good Luck.
luv
wynneth
x

KatzElbows said...

Wow. I'm in awe. I'm having enough trouble knitting something on huge needles with only 33 stitches! It's really beautiful.

Thank you for stopping by and helping me celebrate my craziness.

cheers, rachel #50

Apryl said...

Very beautiful baby blanket!

#11 Apryl

Renee said...

What a beautiful blanket...hand knit items are near & dear to my heart...my Mom knit me so many gorgeous sweaters over the years. Now, she has Alzheimer's & can't remember how to knit. It's so sad. She tried to teach me but I'm hopeless at it! LOL
Hugs, Renee #103

Darnell J Knauss said...

What lucky friends you have! This will be a gift of labor and love that they will treasure forever!!

Thanks for coming by to visit me earlier. I hope you have a great week!! Darnell #58

Erika said...

Hi Linda, thanks for the visit. Your baby blanket loos wonderful I'm sure your friends will love it.
Have a super weekend and happy crafting, hugs Erika.

Shazsilverwolf said...

Looks lovely. I admire anyone who can knit such lovely things.My Mum knitted all our stuff when we were young, and she taught me how to knit, but its a craft I have no real enjoyment in, so I never do it.Have a great week, Shaz #54