Followers

Sunday, 30 December 2012

True Blue

DSCF1756 I came across this new to me challenge blog yeterday which is the SUO challenge blog - the perfect motivation for me to use my SU products.  The challenge is True Blue and we could use any shade of blue and for this card I have gone with Pool Party and Indigo Island.  The DP's are from a set of papers that will be available during Saleabration which starts at the end of January in the UK.  I've also used some Whisper White cardstock which I ran through the Big Shot using the spotty embossing folder.  Stamps sets used are Four Frames and Just Believe along with the frame punch and word window punch.  Just a few pearls have been added around the card for a little bit of bling.

Another wet and miserable day yesterday so apart from catching up on a few household chores I spent the rest of the day knitting (I'm almost at the halfway point of the baby blanket), reading (new book called Demon by Tosca Lee) and making the above card.  Today looks to be another dreary day weatherwise so more crafting could be on the cards again.

14 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Very nice! Love your background paper. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

Anne said...

Great card I must look at that challenge blog. Sounds great day to me! Anne x

My name is Wynneth said...

This is gorgeous Linda - I love those blues you've used. I must check this challenge out myself !

Well done on getting on so well with the knitted baby blanket - I've been knitting over the holidays too. Had to put away my sewing machine so we could use the table for christmas dinner ! I've missed it and can't wait to get it out to play again LOL

Hope to see you soon
luv
wynneth
x

My name is Wynneth said...

Forgot to say how I love your new blog background, funnily enough I had looked at that one myself. I didn't want to copy you so I've selected another one to use.
luv
wynneth
x

catherine said...

This is great Linda and love the style to it. It is so miserable up here and non stop rain. Wishing you and the family all the best for the new year
x catherine

Mrs A. said...

They always say that blue is a cold colour but your card is very far from being cold looking. Those two blues together are perfect. Love the bird image too. wishing you a Happy Healthy and Crafty New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

Jill said...

Love the card Linda. Happy New Year to you and yours. Jill x

Kathy Ellen said...

Very pretty card creation! Enjoy the SUO challenge!

Julie said...

Been wet and not at all Christmas weather here, but I have no idea where the times gone, I have not put a stitch into anything. Better remedy that otherwise our stitch-along wont be happening lol. Happy New Year to you and the family Linda. Xxx

angelwhispers said...

Such a beautiful card Linda just perfect. Hope you had a great Christmas with your family its so much better with the Grandchildren though isnt it they make it now, the excitment of them opening all there pressies Summer very patiently opened one at a time and wouldn't even let us move them from the tree in the end we had to stop to get dressed and go and see Santa then started again on our return!!!

Hope you have a lovely New Year and all the best for 2013 I just can't wait I have everything crossed thats its a better year!!! Love and Hugs Chanelle xxx

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Linda

This is lovely, I might go and have a peep at this blog, I have some cards to make when I get around to it.

K x

Mary Brown said...

How wonderful! Love the combination of elements on it! Thanks for playing along in the SUO challenge!

Deb said...

Love the way you used the SAB paper on this card. Thanks for sharing with the SUO Challenge.

Jen Timko said...

How pretty this is! I love the textures on it! So glad you found us and joined in at SUO Challenges!