Followers

Monday, 3 December 2012

Card for Father-in-law

DSCF2232 Here is the card I made to go with my father-in-laws flowers on Wednesday.  I've used one of my favourite SU stamps sets at the moment French Foliage with a sentiment from a retired set.  Various inks were used to stamp out the leaves which were then cut out and arranged around the sentiment to create the look of a wreath.  Cardstock, backing paper and ribbon from my stash.

Short and sweet today as I've been at work all day and this evening I need to try and finish some of my Christmas 'smalls' one of which I will be posting on Jo's Advent Blog - Jo has devised a post for each day of advent and a different stitcher is posting a Christmas item for people to see behind their door.  A great way of getting to know even more stitchers and seeing their stitching masterpieces.  If you have chance do pop along and see what's behind the door each day. My day to post a project is the 14th December.

6 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

The card is beautiful Linda, such a difficult thing to make, but you did a fabulous job. I'm sure your MiL will be very pleased with it and I'm sure your FiL would have loved it.

I'll be thinking of you all on wednesday.

What a great idea to have the stitchers Advent Calendar I'll try to remember to go over and check them out.
luv
wynneth
x

Saxo Stamper said...

Beautiful and perfect . Hope it goes ok on Wednesday I will be thinking of you

K x

Jill said...

Lovely card Linda, hope Wednesday goes ok. Sent you a text by the way. Jill x

Anne said...

A lovely card Linda . Anne x

catherine said...

I think you have made such a beautiful card to go for the occassion and very fiiting for it. I'm sure everyone will like it too.
I must check out the stitching advent as I have been doing a few smalls recently and enjoying stitching again
x catherine

Julie said...

Thinking of you and the family Linda. Xxx