Followers

Monday, 31 December 2012

2012 Review and sneak peak at new products

 I set myself quite a few targets during the year, some of them met with success and a few I failed miserably at - but all in all 2012 was a good year for my leisure activities.  I started the year with 13 cross stitch WIP's of which I only managed to complete 2.  At least two projects were finished and one of them is now hung in our bedroom and the other was given away as a birthday present.  This should have meant that I only had 11 WIP's to carry forward to 2013 but of course me being me started some new projects during 2012 so this number has increased instead of decreased.  In total during 2012 I did manage to complete 7 projects which included the Fat Man SAL, 2 WIP's and four smaller pieces of stitching.

On the knitting front I managed to complete 8 items and have made a good start on another project - the baby blanket.  I also managed to read 14 books and complete 12 blocks for the Craftsy BOM something else that will be carried over into 2013.

Although I didn't achieve as much as I had hoped I did have fun with my leisure activities and that is the most important aspect.  I think for 2013 I will list my WIP's in my sidebar to keep me motivated.  Will be interesting to see just how many get the words FINISHED by the side of them by the end of the year!

DSCF1757
I made this card for DH's birthday which was on the 15th December.  I'd just got some of the lovely new products that will be available during Saleabration, which include lovely DP's, a cute little label punch and stamps to go with the punch.  I also used the Sizzix Framelits that are available in current catalogue.  Colours used for this card were Tangerine Tango, Old Olive and Indigo Island.  There is so much coming up with the new Spring mini catalogue due out in February I think I will be having lots of crafting fun in 2013!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Really like your card. I have quite a wish list of goodies from the Spring mini. I certainly didn't complete all I intended. I think though what you said is important it should all be enjoyable and I think I need to focus on that next year. Happy New Year. Anne x

My name is Wynneth said...

Ooooo.... you tease ! I can't wait to see the mini catalogue now and the Saleabrations specials.

Good Luck with finishing more WiPs in the coming year. You've done so much better than me with the BOM !

luv
wynneth
x

My name is Wynneth said...

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Good to hear you followed the link to Clare's Art Journalling course - you can now utter the universaly cry "wynneth made me do it" LOL
luv
wynneth
x

Jill said...

I think you did rather well on your projects considering you work as well! Hope we can get together so that I can see the Saleabration brochure! Happy New Year. Jill x

angelwhispers said...

You really are a star Linda such dedication and always lovely work!! Love Chanelle xx