Followers

Wednesday, 28 November 2012

WOYWW #182 and bowling fun

DSCF1569DSCF1540 On my workdesk this week is the LO which had been outstanding since the retreat, apart from filling in the journalling box it's now complete.  I also made a start on a card to use up some of the scrap paper leftover from the LO and with any luck I will get that finished later today.  I'll probably have enough scraps of paper to make another couple of quick cards.  I'm trying to get back into the habit of using up those scraps after doing a project so that they don't start causing an overflow problem in the never decreasing scraps box.  If you want to take part on WOYWW then visit Julia's blog and you will be able to have a good old snoop around at other peoples workspaces.

DSCF1565
I also have a couple of photos to share from our night out celebrating Bryan's 22nd birthday - getting him to smile in a photograph is no easy task and while this may not be the clearest of photos it does at least capture something resembling a smile from him.  I'd also forgotton how hard it was to capture action photos in poor light conditions. After several function changes on the camera I finally managed to get one or two shots which I will be able to do something with at a later date.  Despite the horrendous weather and having to drive in it to get to the bowling alley it was a fun evening and something the family needed at the end of a very emotional week for all of us.

I started my new job on Monday and in many ways it's like I've never been away from pharmacy.  It's a much busier place to work in than the ones I used to work in, a lot more staff in quite a small area but they are a friendly group of people which always helps.

The sun has actually come out today after days of wet and cold weather - I think it was nearly ten days ago since it last came out to say hello - fingers crossed he'-ll stay out for a while now. 


13 comments:

Rita said...

Linda, Tidy & Neat workplace. Isn't your son the handsome one. Lovely picture. Enjoy your Day. Rita xx

Annie said...

It's always good to use up the snippets isn't it. Love the LO.
Hugs,
A x #42
ps would love you to 'like' us and share it with your friends [more info on my blog]

505whimsygirl said...

That's a nice photo of your son! His smile does look genuine.

Your desk looks nice and busy!

Happy WOYWW
Kay
(you've already visited me)

butterfly said...

Fab, funky layout... Looks like you had loads of fun bowling, and I'm glad to hear you've got nice people to work with - makes all the difference. Happy WOYWW!
Alison x
#80

Laura said...

Your layout looks fab!
Happy Wednesday,
Laura
73

Darnell J Knauss said...

Great job on the layout, Linda!

I'm glad your family had a happy outing to celebrate Bryan's birthday. He's a handsome boy!

Continued good luck with the new job. I'm happy to hear that it is going smoothly! Thanks for visiting me already! Darnell #54

Jill said...

Hi Linda, lovely to see a smiling photo of Bryan! Hope that your new job goes well and that it makes life a lot easier, must get together soon! Jill x

Zeffy said...

congratulations for your sons' birthday may all your wishes for him come true....very clever to make cards after L.O. I need to try that sometimes, but i am always in such a rush....I hope the good weather lasts for a while...keep well

catherine said...

Your desk looks productive Linda. Looks like you all enjoyed the night out for the birthday. Glad work is ok and I'm sure you will get used to it quickly
x catherine

Anne said...

Hello Linda and firstly condolences on the passing of your father in law. Always so sad for those left behind. When my dad died it was best for him but so hard for the rest of us. Belated birthday greetings to your son. The years pass by so quickly don't they. My youngest son is now 34 it's hard to believe at times. The LO is fabulous - I've not really tried anything like that- well only on a very simple scale before I really got into paper crafting. I know what you mean about those left overs - I had some pieces of card left after cutting down A4 pieces so decided to make some small cards with them.
Thanks for visiting me - sadly I am not a lot better- but trying to do a bit here and there. Take care. Anne x #124 ( I think )

Spyder said...

Well, you've definitely tidied up! Happy birthday to son! have a great crafting week!
(Lyn)

Shazsilverwolf said...

I think its a man thing- most of them seem to hate having their picture take,. Glad you had such a great night,Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #98

Angie said...

Yes I'm just crawling out from under the Christmas fun to pop by for WOYWW, lovely layout. Reminds me my December Daily is in here waiting for it's first entry!
Angie #88