Followers

Wednesday, 14 November 2012

WOYWW #180

DSCF1460 On my workdesk this week are the preparations for the workshop I'm doing next Monday.  To the right I have prepped up the make and take which the ladies will be doing.  I'm in the process of using the new bingo stamp from SU to make up some bingo cards - thought we'd have a game of bingo as an ice breaker.  I'm going to use different coloured cardstock for each bingo card to show off the colour families.  Still lots more to do including making sure I've made a list of everything used and what I need to take along (I generally forget at least one thing).  Going to check out what fellow WOYWW have been up this week on Julia's blog Stamping Ground

It's been a mixed week - over the weekend we found out our grandaughter Elisha has Type 1 diabetes and has been in hospital for several days while they sort out her sugar levels and educate our son and his wife in giving her insulin injections.  Poor Elisha can't understand at this age why and obviously it's hurting at the moment.  It will take time I know for them to get used to this adjustment but hopefully they will take on board everything and Elisha can lead a normal life.

Sunday we had the pleasure of taking Logan out for a few hours to Stover Country Park and then to Buckfasleigh to see the trains.  Logan had great fun running around the country park and it was wonderful being out in the fresh air and sunshine with him.  We played peek a boo in the wooded areas and had a thoroughly fun time.  We hopefully tired him out for mum and dad.

I am starting yet another job in just over a week, still working for the same company but going back to doing a job I did just over ten years ago.  It means I will have my own regular days and hours, no more wondering what hours I will be doing from week to week.  It also means I will no longer be working weekends so hopefully more time to spend crafting and going out with the grandchildren - yippee!

15 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Linda
Glad you have a start date for the new job. Poor Elisha, hope that everyone gets a grip of it all soon.
Jill x

Jackie said...

I see a lot of stampin up stuff on your busy desk...so sorry to here about the little one it seems so wrong for little children to get it doesn't it.... hope they get her sorted soon
jackie 58
http://scrapbangwallop.blogspot.com

scrappyjen said...

Thanks for visiting me. Busy desk! jenx

My name is Wynneth said...

Lovely busy desk Linda ! I'm sure your demo and make-and-take will be fabulous. What a great idea to open proceedings with a Bingo game - I've looked at that stamp !

I'm so sorry to hear about Elisha, such a shame for the little ones to suffer so. Here's hoping that she and Mom and Dad will get to grips with managing her condition quickly. Injections are horrid when you're a grown up, let alone a little one.

Congrats on the new job and good luck when you start. Having fixed hours will be nice for you rather than never being sure what your working hours/days will be.
luv
wynneth
x

Angelfish said...

Good luck for the workshop on Monday. I've not done one in a while. I think everbody is saving for Christmas and waiting for Sale-A-Bration!
Thanks for stopping by today.
Fiona xx

catherine said...

Looks like your prepared for the workshop Linda and I'm sure it will go great. sorry to hear about the little one and hope everyone is ok. It's hard when they are in hospital as I know from my two over the years. Glad you spent some time with Logan and sounds like he enjoyed his day. Great news about the new job and the more regular hours for you.
x catherine

Annie said...

you sound as busy as ever Linda - and hope all goes well with the demo next week. I am sorry to hear the news about your granddaughter, but hopefully, as you say, things can be sorted so she can lead a relatively normal life. good news for you on the job front - now you can plan fun times!
hugs, annie x
PS did you get my email about the Red card I need?

Darnell J Knauss said...

Brilliant idea with the Bingo ice-breaker on new color stock! You sound very together about it all. I'm sorry to hear about your wee GD having to be in the hospital. That is no place for anyone, least of all children; all the best with it!

Thanks for the visit to my place! Have a great week and good luck with the "yeah, regular" new office work! Darnell #41

LawsBom said...

Thanks so much for visiting me and your lovely encouragement with the challenges. Your work desk looks great - I hope you do manage to find lots more time to do crafting! x Laura #116

Julie said...

Good luck in the new job. Poor little sweetheart, how scarey for mum and dad too.
Enjoy your workshop.

butterfly said...

The coloured Bingo sounds like a great warmer-upper! Hope it all goes brilliantly... belated happy WOYWW!
Alison x
#4

Anne said...

Sorry to read about your granddaughter Linda. Congratulations re your job. Love the bingo idea - I am doing a workshop on Saturday morning. Almost ready for it. Thank you for visiting me, sorry I'm late but hopefully you will see the comment this time :-) Anne x #126

Andrea said...

my you are busty good luck with the class im sure it will be a success and aren't your grandchildren so lucky to have you, I'm sure your children think your fab. good news about your job sounds like it is what you want i enjoyed my visit and hope to be back again have a wonderful week x #60

Heli said...

sorry to hear about Elisha, I really hope they get a grip on keeping it under control for her x

Great news about the new job. hope it goes well.

Cardarian said...

Your desk is full of Stampin up goodies - pity we can't get them in our country! Sorry to hear about your Grandie but once they will get into the diabetic routine she will have a normal life!
Lots of hugs,
Cardarian