Followers

Wednesday, 7 November 2012

WOYWW #179

DSCF1456Wow the weeks seem to be flying by.  This week on my downstairs craft space which has been our dining table our two more blocks for the Craftsy BOM course I signed up for.  I'm still way behind on these but these are the two we were set for May - half way there now!  I can't say I'm really all that keen on these two they are a variation on the log cabin blocks.  We were shown two different wonky log cabin blocks and they were made with random lengths and widths of fabric and I think that's what I don't like about them - they are too random for me.  Still it's something else I've learned but am looking forward to moving onto June's blocks.

DSCF1457On my upstairs craft desk is the LO I didn't get to complete while at the scrapbooking retreat and other than taking it out of the box I have don't anything further to it since I started it on Sunday.  Hope to rectify that by next week as I need to clear that off my desk as I am going to be busy next week preparing for a workshop on the 19th November - first one I have done in ages so need to get myself organised for that one and hopefully make a good impression.

I've been called into work tomorrow to cover someones shift so my leave will come to an end - best make the most of today then I guess.  This evening DH and I are going out for a Steak Night at one of our local garden centres  - love this time of year at the garden centres as they all have their Christmas displays out - might pick up a few decorations while we are there.

Right off to link up to Julia's Stamping Ground WOYWW and then have a quick blog hopping trip to see what everyone else has been up to this week.

13 comments:

famfa said...

I love the quilting blocks. I like random better than ordered I think. Although any quilting is gorgeous because I haven't done any yet.
FAMFA (20)

House of Bears said...

We love the colours on your LO. Hope you get it finished soon, it'll be fab.

The bears @#80 this week.

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Love your fabric work, just amazing

MiniOwner said...

I'm with you (though you wouldn't know it looking at my desk) in preferring ordered to random. Happy Wednesday. :o)
Sue x (MiniOwner@95)

Jill said...

Its busy busy busy your way Linda! Hope isn't too stressful tomorrow! Jill x

catherine said...

Busy looking desks Linda. Hope you enjoy your meal and pick up some nice things maybe at the garden centre!
x catherine

My name is Wynneth said...

You are doing so well with your BOM course Linda, I have still to even start my January one ! At this rate it'll be 2013 before I get going ;O( Your blocks are looking fabulous, I actually prefer random to ordered ! good that we all have different tastes though LOL I just love to see a riot of random colours, although neat and ordered is fabulous too !

Nice LO on your second workdesk, looking forward to seeing that one completed in due course.

Sorry to hear your leave came to such an abrupt end, but I guess it's that time of year with things getting busier and colds and flu causing illness.
luv
wynneth
x

Saxo Stamper said...

I love the blocks, my idea of fun k x

VonnyK said...

I really like the random look and the colours are beautiful.
Have a great week.
Von #39

Darnell J Knauss said...

Ah, another creative person who can do more than one hobby at a time. Me, bowing. At the end of the day, Linda, a day spent staring at computers at work and at home, can I just say that it looked like you wrote you got a call to work tomorrow to cover someone's - * - different word than shift. LOL! Hope you ended up making the most of the last day of your leave.

Thanks for coming by to see me earlier and I hope you have a wonderful week! Darnell #42

Robin Spitzer said...

Two craft desks! That would be double trouble!

Zeffy said...

I alays admire quilts and am fascinated by them...i used to make clothes but I don't anymore,,,hope you get your L.O. done...keep well

Julie said...

Hope you had a great night out.