Followers

Saturday, 24 November 2012

Happy Birthday

DSCF1502 It's our youngest son's birthday tomorrow - he will be 22 - where did that time go!  I knew I wanted to use SU's Great Sport stamp set but inspiration was lacking due to events that happened during the week.  I decided to do a search and managed to find some great ideas on Splitcoast Stampers and have lifted this card by Yvette.  Colours used are Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple and Summer Starfruit from the new In colours.  Embossed background, papers from new In Colours paper pad and sentiment from SU's Curly Cute stamp set.  Finished off with some twine from my stash.

The reason for my inspiration going is that sadly my father-in-law passed away on Thursday evening.  Thankfully he died peacefully in his sleep and didn't appear to be in any pain.  His family were with him so he was not alone and while we are sad of his passing we believe it to be a happy release for him - he had not been a well man for many months.  I know he will be at peace and in pain no longer and we are all comforted by that.

It has sadly taken a little off the celebrations for our youngest son but we are going out bowling this evening to help him celebrate - life has to go on.

10 comments:

Angelfish said...

What a great creation, in that oh so difficult category of male cards. I wasn't bowled over by the In Colours when they arrived, but I've used them quite a bit now. Sorry to hear of your FIL's passing and I hope you still manage to have a good time tonight.
Fiona xx

Karen K said...

Happy birthday Bryan x


Our deepest sympathy too


K x x

Doreen said...

Beautiful card,love the image and fab colours.xxx

catherine said...

Linda I am so sorry to hear of your sad news this week and send my condolences to you all. I hope you can all relax a little and enjoy each others company for the birthday celebrations this weekend.
x catherine

Maria Dolores Lopez Godoy said...

Amaizing your blog and wonderful you work. Kisses from Spain.

http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

Darnell J Knauss said...

I love the fab card you made for your son, Linda! That's a tough age to creat for I think.

I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL's passing. All the best to you and your family. Darnell

My name is Wynneth said...

I was so sorry to hear of your loss Linda, but as you say, sometimes it is a Blessed relief.

I'm sure your Son had a lovely birthday anyway and the card you made for him is fabulous. I can't wait to see these lovely new 'in colours'

Hope to see you again soon Sweetie.
luv
wynneth
x

Julie said...

Sad news Linda. (Comforting hugs) to you and the family. I know what you mean about sometimes it's a release for them, its so hard to stand by and watch them suffering and know you can't do a thing to help. xxxx
Birthday Wishes to your son.

Redanne said...

Hello Linda, I am not surprised you have had no inspiration this week, I am so sorry about your Father-in-Law but as you say, he will be at peace now and that will be a little comfort for the Family.

Your card for your Son is wonderful, I love the colours you have used and the football stands out so well. I hope he enjoyed his birthday celebrations. Hugs, Anne x

Sandy Ang said...

what a cool football card !