Followers

Friday, 16 November 2012

Autumn Days LO

DSCF1462 I started this LO yesterday and have just managed to put the finishing touches to it today.  It's one of the LO's I want to show at the workshop on Monday to show the scrapbookers how stamps can be used on LO's and also showcase several other products that SU sell.  The base card is River Rock and I've created a stamped background using stamps from the French Foliage set using Sahara Sand, River Rock and Crumb Cake inks.  The patterned papers are from the Autumn/Winter catalogue and are called Orchard Harvest.  I've used two different sheets from the set but as they are double sided then there are three patterns on this LO.  A piece of Soft Suede cardstock was embossed with the Woodgrain embossing folder and I gently sanded over the embossed areas.  Other products I've used are the Autumn Accents Sizzix die, Morning Post alphabet set, one of the button stamps from the Button, Button set and punched out with the 3/4 inch punch, vintage lace and some of the linen thread.  I stamped the Morning Post Alphabet onto some Very Vanilla cardstock which I had coloured with Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze and Cherry Cobbler inks using finger daubers.  I had great fun working on this one - hoping to get a Christmas one completed tomorrow.

FIL is not good - they have now got a nurse coming in at night to sit with him in case he needs assistance during the night - this allows MIL to get a bit more rest than she would normally do.  Nurses are coming in today to discuss a day time plan including how to ensure he is getting the right medication.  Sadly old age is finally creeping up on him.



4 comments:

Julie said...

A beautiful page, lovely pics

My thoughts are with you all Linda. xxx

Jill said...

Gorgeous LO Linda, just love those colours together.

Sorry to here about FIL hope a daytime plan can be put in place so that MIL has got some of the pressure taken from her. Jill x

Annie said...

lots of lovely things on your scrap book page Linda! sorry to hear about your FIL, I remember how hard it is a night and the nurses that come in are angels.
hugs, annie x

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

So sorry to hear about your FIL, so sad, I am thinking of you all k x x x x


Lovely layout k x