Followers

Thursday, 8 November 2012

1st June block completed

DSCF1459 Another block for the Craftsy BOM - this is the Greek Cross using the 9 patch block.  On Amy's block she used three different fabrics but my block has only the two - misread the instructions so the triangle blocks ended up being the same as the Greek cross.  I'm happy with the end result though.

The steak night last night was a success.  I had a gammon steak that was so tender and so tasty - delicious.  DH had rump or sirloin steak (can't remember which).All the meat and vegetables are sourced locally.  Great value too so think it might be something we'll repeat again at some stage.

Made a start on a little cross stitch yesterday evening while watching the tennis and then football.  It was one of the freebies from a cross stitch magazine that I've had a while.  Felt I should be doing something while watching tennis so that's what I did.  I probably managed to get just under half of it done so will try and do some more this evening and then hopefully get it finished by the weekend to post on my blog.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Well done on the block Linda, you really made that one fast! Jill x

Karen K said...

Linda, as usual this is done really well and looks beautiful, well done you, you are galloping through them now, no doubt assisted by your gorgeous new sewing machine.

love K xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Your latest BOM looks great Linda, I like the way it's turned out even if you did read the instructions wrongly ! Isn't that the best thing about it that you can add your own twist to things? I love random happenings like this, get a bit intimidated by a rigid pattern LOL BTW you MADE me sign up to the Sugar Block Club for 2013 - you bad girl ha...ha.. !
luv
wynneth
x

catherine said...

Stitching looks to be coming along and so glad you both enjoyed your meal out.
x catherine

Julie said...

Great block

Darnell J Knauss said...

I'm not gonna lie, your quilting talk is all Greek to me, not just this "block," but it sure is pretty! Now, x-stitch, that's something I used to do before cards and loved. Someday. I'm just so simple-minded that I can't manage more than one hobby at a time and I'm in awe of people who can do that.

Thank you for your good wishes. (I can't believe you said "rectified!" I about blew out my other colon over than one!) I'm home now and doing pretty well. Avoided surgery, so that's the main thing.

Yesterday I was pretty much Rubber Woman, but today I feel like I might venture out to the Playhouse for some much-needed card-making therapy. WooHoo!