Followers

Thursday, 11 October 2012

The end is nigh!

DSCF1305 The Fat Man SAL is almost complete - just the wording and the mailbox to go and I'm really confident that I can get it finished next Monday which means I can get it framed soon and have it up as a Christmas decoration for this year.  It's been fun to do but I will also be glad to have finished it and am already itching to make a start on the SAL being run by Erynne of Stitcheree!   The fabrics and thread arrived on Monday so have been put in a project folder in anticipation of being used on Monday 22nd October.  I've gone for a different colour choice to the one on Erynne's blog - I decided to go with a 32 count Permin line in Milk Chocolate.  I have checked that the Cocoa Bean thread used for the pudding will stand out and the fabric gives enough contrast to the thread so I am hoping the overall look will be okay.

Despite the miserable weather here in Plymouth I managed to get into town with Colette, Logan and Savannah.  I had some vouchers which I won ages ago for passing a mystery shopper when I worked in my last employment so decided to use them on Savannah.  I bought her some clothes from Mothercare which Colette picked out and she will look adorable in them in a few months.  Went for the larger size so that she can grow into them as they will be put away as part of her Christmas present.  We took both buggies in and it was funny that each time we entered a clothes shop Logan would groan and make a whingy sound but any other type of shop and he was fine - already getting the male tendency of hating clothes shopping!  Colette has picked out a few things that we can get them for Christmas which I will pick up over the next few weeks - I not only have to buy them something from us but my parents always give me money to get them something with as well so double the brain power required each year.

Out this evening with DH so no crafting today and still plenty to be made for the craft fayre - as it's my first one I don't know what will sell and what won't or how many to make of each item - this is going to be a huge learning curve for me.

6 comments:

Shari said...

woohoo!!!! It is gorgeous & almost finished!!! Want to stitch mine for me?!!!?!? I haven't started yet...
too many other things in the works...maybe when I get a few fall pieces finished, I can start them!

Mrs A. said...

This is going to look so goood as your Christmas piece this year. Hope this spurs you on to do the last bit. hugs Mrs A.

Jill said...

The stitching is looking good Linda, have a good evening.

Jill x

Barbi said...

Woo hoo! I'm almost finished too, just one house and he snowflakes to go on Snow Day. I don't have my camera right now, hubby's got it, but I will be finished on Monday too!!

Jay said...

It looks lovely, well done. We are all doing our first craft fayre together so no worries, just enjoy.

Julie said...

Hope all goes well at the fraft fayre, you make such lovely things, i'm sure you'll sell out of stuff.

Christmas is fast approaching, i need to get myself organised.