Followers

Friday, 5 October 2012

Keep calm and carry on

 Which is exactly what I had to do today when I forgot the second batch of bacon I'd put under the grill at work today.  It decided it could only take the intense grilling for a short period of time and caught fire!  My fire training with a fire blanket came into practise today - not the easiest of tasks when it's an eye level grill and flames are at least 18 inches high but after a couple of attempts I managed to get it onto the top of the grill and held tight around the sides.  An extra pair of hands were required and thankfully there was another team member in with me who could push the blanket underneath the grill so we could stop the supply of oxygen.  There were a few people in the staff canteen (thankfully not a public cafe) offering advice but not really doing anything positive.  I think I did a good job of burning the grill - I'll know whether I have completely broken it when I go in tomorrow.  The irony of this is that I don't generally put another batch of bacon on until we've used half of what I've already cooked, but as I had an Upside Down pudding to make today I was distracted and completely forgot about it - c'est la vie!
DSCF1300
Anyway onto more positive things here's an update of the landscape cross stitch.  I was really happy with the amount I achieved last month and once I have completed the pillar which is coming down from the top of the arch I will have completed just over a quarter of it.  With any luck I will also manage to get quite a bit of it done again this month. 

4 comments:

angelwhispers said...

OMG I bet you where in a right tizz!!!! At least no one was hurt well except the poor grill!! lol

Love the stitching clicked it to make it bigger and it looks beautiful! Have a lovely weekend just stay away from the grill!! Love Chanelle xxx

catherine said...

It's only a grill and at least no one was hurt.
Your stitching look good and you managed a good job whilst your were babysitting. Great pics from previous post
x catherine

Saxo Stamper said...

Can I have my bacon dead dead crispy.....

Glad you weren't hurt, nothing that can't be fxed

K x

Julie said...

Oops! I hope you are having a lovely day today crafting with your friend.