Followers

Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Jingle Belles–Dashing through the snow

DSCF1275 A paper crafting post for a change.  The challenge for Jingle Belles this fortnight is the theme dashing through the snow.  I decided to make good use of the snowflake rosette I picked up last week at the craft show.  I've used some retired SU papers for the snowflake and also used up the scraps of paper that were left over after cutting the rosette out.  To make the border stand out a bit more I've just gone round the edges with a fine liner pen.  The sentiment is SU's Curly Cute.

After I finished work today I picked up a few Christmas presents to put away for Logan - all Thomas related.  They had a train track set at half price, too good an offer to miss.  I also picked him up a hooded top and a striped t-shirt both with Thomas on the front.  I'm trying to make sure it's not so last minute this year although they may still get wrapped up last minute so that I don't forget what I've bought!

It's been a miserable day today so I'm glad I was working, although it would have been nice to come home and make a start on the Lizzie Kate October month - just not the right light to make a start on it today - hopefully tomorrow.

6 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Beautiful job Linda.

Wrap those gifts early but make a list of what they are.....simples x

Wish I was hat organised

K x

catherine said...

This is beautiful Linda and just loving the snowflake. looks so effective. You are doing really well starting xmas shopping but you can't resist such good prices and sure it will be just right for Logan
x catherine

SmilynStef said...

Ooooo ... love that dimensional snowflake ... so glad you dashed through the snow with us at jingle belles.

Julie said...

What a spectacular snowflake that is.

Cyndie said...

I was just perusing the linked up cards on the Jingle Belles blog and yours really caught my eye, gorgeous. Then I read your blog and it's great! Now I want to keep lists of books I've read on my blog too, I write them in a paper log...did you like the Jon Katz book? I've read several of the Bedlam Farm books. Oh, and I love cross-stitch too!

lauren bergold said...

what a lovely and ♥AMAZING♥ C&S holiday card, i just adore everything about this, especially that clever and dramatic punched border! thanks for "dashing through the snow" with us at JINGLE BELLES this fortnight! ♥♥♥