Followers

Monday, 24 September 2012

My new toy

DSCF1243 On Saturday I picked up my new craft toy.  I've finally decided to go for a proper grown up sewing machine for my quilting and keep the little machine for it's original intended purpose which was for stitching on cards and scrapbook pages.  The new machine is nothing fancy as all I really want to do is be able to stitch in a straight line and at a quicker pace.  I've yet to take it out of the box and try it out as I have a couple of projects I need to complete so when they are done I will reward myself with having a go on this machine.
DSCF1244
Last week I mentioned that I had picked up some fat quarters when I visited Cowslips so I thought I'd show you a picture of the them.  I've got an idea of what I would like to do with them but think I might have to add a few more to ensure I've got enough - can a girl have too many fat quarters?

I am still busy making things for the craft fayre I am going to be doing along with a few other crafting buddies in October so most of my spare time the past week has been trying to get a few more items made - so many ideas and probably not enough time!

DSCF1232Today it's our daughters 25th birthday and I have taken her out to lunch to celebrate - nothing fancy just a trip to one of the garden centres but we were able to take Logan to see the pets there which he always enjoys.  We would have taken him to Central Park for a play around but the weather is so unpredictable today we didn't want to risk getting caught in a shower.  Logan was happy with seeing the animals and they were also starting to set up all the Christmas displays and he was entranced by this singing and dancing Christmas tree they had for sale.  It's hard to believe this will actually be his third Christmas as it's his 2nd birthday just a few days before - oh this little man seems to be growing up so quick.  I think Colette enjoyed herself too.

I'm covering someones shift for the next couple of weeks so earlier starts for me but nothing like the early starts on my last job.  I'm not working Thursday but will be going to the craft show at Exeter with some crafting pals where my objective is to try and not buy anymore stamps.  I've got a couple of quilting items I would like to try and pick up which will help out with future projects, other than that there really isn't anything I need!!!

Right I must now try and put some stitches into the Fat Man - somehow I still don't think I'm going to finish that block this week - my mind isn't really in focus today and keeps flitting from one thing to another.



3 comments:

Karen K said...

Ooooh lovely, how is it still in the box, I don't think mine would be ! ! !

I have done nothing, other than the few cards I have posted and got a first curved piece sort of together - life is a bit hectic at the moment, but there is nothing that won't wait.

Wish your darling girl a happy birthday from me and isn't Logan a sweetie.

k x

catherine said...

Think of all the fab sewing you will be doing now Linda. can't wait to see it all.
glad you all enjoyed your lunch out and happy birthday to Collette. Logan looks to be having fun. Hope you enjoy the craft show
x catherine

angelwhispers said...

My word I can't believe how long its been since I last popped over to your lovely blog Linda I feel so ashamed but hope to be back on track again so we will see!!! lol

Good luck with your new machine if I'd known you wanted one that went fasted you could have had mine I can't control it so it just collects dust!!

Been checking up on your wonderful stitching and boy you have been busy they really are all coming on so beautifully and wow loving the flowers you are making to individual just love um!!!

Hope you and your family are all well.

Love Chanelle xxx