Followers

Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Going postal, bingo and flowers

DSCF1224 I'm trying hard this week to catch up with some cards for the challenge blogs I like to take part in.  The Jingle Belles challenge is Going Postal this fortnight and I should just about be able to get this one in on time.  I've kept it really clean and simple and used a Papermania sentiment which has been punched out with a CM square punch and then mounted onto a scalloped nestie die to give the impression of a stamp.  To finish it off as I felt it looked too plain I added some pretty white lace down the left hand side - it was just lying about by my workspace and suited what I wanted.



DSCF1221
The previous fortnights challenge on Jingle Belles was a Holidays Bingo challenge  and I opted to go for the left hand vertical line which consisted of Santa, lace and embossing.  I went to my scraps again for this card and used some more of the lovely Anna Griffin Christmas papers and inked all the edges.  The cardstock is SU's Real Red and was run through my Cuttlebug with and embossing folder and I think the image was set of free stamps from a magazine.  I came across some green lace and vintage lace and attached to the side and under the image.  Finished off with some SU red gingham ribbon and a sentiment.

Had a lovely day out with Mum yesterday and have finally put my boxer cross stitch in to be framed and that should be ready in a couple of weeks - not sure where in the house that is going to go yet but I'll find a place for it.  I also took mum down to Cowslips as I wanted to pick up a couple of fat quarters in blacks and red to make one of the baskets I made when I stayed with Karen recently for Colette as a stocking filler.  While I was there a bundle of Moda Christmas fabrics also came home with me and last night I spent an hour looking for a project that I could use them on.  I think I know what I would like to do and will have a trial run with my scraps of fabric first before cutting out the Moda fabrics.  Lunch was gorgeous - homemade vegetable soup for me with some rye bread - just the thing to warm you up on a crisp but sunny day.

DSCF1217As promised here is a photo of the flowers I have been making recently.  They are so easy to do and each day I punch out a few more ready to add to the collection.  Here is the link if you fancy having a go yourself, the only difference is I've painted on some Stickles to the flowers to give them some added sparkle.  I also scrunched them up a little tighter which means I didn't have to worry about decorating the inside of the flower with a fancy brad or gem so I've been able to use up all the brads I'm not likely to use otherwise.

 









 



4 comments:

catherine said...

Your christmas cards are super Linda and you must be well on the way to being organised with them for this year!!
Glad you enjoyed your day out with your mum and the sound of the soup is making me feel hungry now!!
I will check out the flowers as yours look gorgeous.
x catherine

lauren bergold said...

ooooh! how fabulous to get a "double helping" of your gorgeous cards! the postage stamp idea is so very FABULOUS, what a brilliant C&S design! i looooove your take on our bingo challenge, as well, that combination of papers is totally lovely with that fun santa! well done, you--*EIGHT* more cards for the collection!!! ♥

SmilynStef said...

Clean, cute & oh-so-mailable ... love them ... so glad you had some postal fun with us at jingle belles.

Julie said...

You have been busy making wonderful things.