Followers

Sunday, 30 September 2012

1st May block finally completed

DSCF1267 Okay so it's taken me almost the whole of this month to complete another block but at least it's another one done.  I actually stitched the hexagon strip together while watching Andy Murray win the US Open.  It was a great way of making sure I stayed awake to see him finally win his first grand slam.  However it's taken me until this evening to actually stitch the hexagon strip onto the block.  I've brought in some blue this time so will also have to use some blue in a few more of the blocks coming up so that it doesn't appear 'odd' amongst all the other predominately pink blocks.  I'm hoping that I can make a start on the second block for May this week and then I can reward myself and use my new sewing machine for the rest of the blocks.

We took Max for a nice walk through Plymbridge Woods this morning and then in the afternoon spent an hour or so out in the garden tidying up (again).  DH then promptly fell asleep while watching the football but I managed to get some stitches put into Yiota's Landscape cross stitch - will put an updated photo of this up on my blog some time this week.

I also have tomorrow off work and once I've got a couple of chores completed I can settle down to do some Fat Man.

4 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Wow Linda you really inspire me to take up sewing this looks wonderful and so worth the hours you put in! Have a great day off Love Chanelle xxxx

catherine said...

This is looking really good Linda and coming along nicely. Hope you get some stitching time in tommorrow
x catherine

Karen K said...

Beautiful and well done, it looks gorgeous.

k xxx

Julie said...

I love hexi patchwork, looks fab!