Followers

Friday, 31 August 2012

Sew much fun

DSCF1135 We have enjoyed three wonderful days with our friends Karen and Phillip, lots of little trips out and about, material shopping, wining and dining and lots of crafting for Karen and myself.  A big thank you for having us.  Also a big thank you to Karen who finally got me started on the Craftsy BOM which I signed up for months ago.  I've managed to complete four blocks which were the blocks for January and Februaray - not many more to go - ha!  They are by no means perfect but considering most of them were completed using a tiny machine I picked up for £12.99 at Dunelm Mill and it runs on four AA batteries it did a fairly good job.  They are all made from old sheets and duvet covers as I didn't want to invest in really nice fabrics in case I made a complete hash of it.   I do think I will have to invest in a 'proper' sewing machine if I am really going to get into this quilting and stitching lark though.
DSCF1136
We also made this adorable little bag which is the perfect size for fat quarters.  I picked up the fat quarters on one of our trips out and could have bought so many more as they all looked so lovely laid out in the shop.  I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with the ones I bought but I just loved the lovely bright colours.  This bag is also the perfect size to give as a gift filled with toiletries or baby items - who knows I might even make a couple for my DD and DIL for this Christmas.

There was no Fat Man SAL done on Monday - too busy getting ready to go away but the threads I had ordered from The Patchwork Rabbit for the months of the year were waiting for me when I got home so I will be able to start September on time. 

Lots to catch up with today and I've got work this evening but first I'll try and catch up on some blogs.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.


5 comments:

Julie said...

Well done on the quilting, thats something i haven't tried. The little bag is wonderful, i could see that filled with a mug, nice spciality tea and a packet of biscuits - perfect!

Janet said...

Linda, these are wonderful. So glad you and Karen have had a great time and taht she got you started on the blocks !! I love the bags you both made - I need to get the pattern from Karen so I can make one for myself - they look so useful.

Have a great weekend

Karen K said...

I was sew impressed with your blocks....can't wait to see the next ones. Tomorrow is the September blocks, wonder what they will be.

Thanks for a great time and for our presents,

Love and hugs k x x x

Jill said...

Squares are looking good Linda! Glad you had a good time. Jill x

My name is Wynneth said...

Your blocks look smashing Linda, I didn't know you were doing a BOM - what a great idea. I have quite a bit of fabric in my stash now, just can't stop myself picking up a FQ or three whenever I find pretty fabrics in shops ;o) I love that darling little bag, think I need to find out how to make them.
luv
wynneth
x