Followers

Sunday, 12 August 2012

Jingle Belles challenge cards

DSCF1041 The Jingle Belles challenge for this fortnight is to use the sketch that has been provided.  I have flipped and rotated the sketch to work for the idea I had in my head.  I've used retired SU Christmas papers for the background and some SU ribbon to create the decorative trim down the side of the card.  The addition of the snowflake brad I think helped finish off the trim. The stamped image is from the SU set Sparkly & Bright and then cut out with a circle punch and matted onto some Baja Breeze cardstock and Real Red scallop punched circle.  The tiny sentiment at the bottom is from I believe Dimensions Stamps which I picked up at the Bodmin stamp show.

DSCF1042
The next card is for the previous fortnights challenge which I did have completed on Thursday but have only just got round to taking a photo of.  Again the papers are retired SU papers, but the spotty ribbon is available from the current catalogue.  I've used a spellbinder buckle die to thread the ribbon through and then stamped the snowflake from SU's Scandinavian Season set (retired) and cut out the centre with a 3/4 punch.  The stamped image is from Pink Cat Studio and I've coloured it in using my Promarkers.  Both cards were kept fairly simple so that I could produce my usual stack of six for this challenge.

This morning we had the pleasure of looking after Logan for a couple of hours to give his mum a little break.  It was still sunny so he was able to play out in the garden in the sandpit which he always enjoys playing in.  We also took him down to see his great grandparents before taking Max for a short walk.  We let him hold the lead which he thought was great fun.

Well the Olympics are almost over just the closing ceremony left to watch - it's been a great success I think and we improved on our medal tally from Beijing so that is also a great positive for Team GB.  We watched Tom Daly win his bronze medal and I am so glad he came away with something - my claim to fame - I once served him!

8 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love how you flipped the sketch ... the ribbon accent is perfect, and the lines around the panels are an awesome touch too ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Saxo Stamper said...

Lovely Linda, I really need to get back into xmas card making but don't have much time right now

K x

catherine said...

These are fantastic cards Linda and you must be so prepared for xmas with your stack now.
Glad you enjoyed your time with Logan today and mum will appreciate the rest. What a claim to fame!! He did do well and deserve his medal as all the rest of them has. A great success for team GB
x catherine

Jill said...

Ha! Its a good claim to fame! Love your cards.... err... I have finished my Christmas cards! Haven't done much else but that is a good thing to finish!!! See you soon. Jill x

Marie B. said...

I love all your cards! They are great ! :)

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, these are sooooooooooo ♥FABULOUS♥! i LOVE the way you've flipped & rotated the sketch, that is such a great interpretation of it, and PERFECT for that sweet little reindeer stamp! i love your "santa baby" cards, as well, that stripey paper is so very festive and i love♥LOVE♥love that buckle detail! awesome!

Julie said...

I love to see your card creations, these are fabulous.

Eveline said...

I like that Rudolph stamp. Wonderful cards.
Eveline.