Followers

Saturday, 18 August 2012

Daisy card

DSCF1053 After many months I have finally got round to using SU's Sizzix Daisies die #2.  I've used some scraps of pale yellow cardstock which I think is SU's So Saffron and inked the edges with some So Saffron.  I've used four of the large dies, three of the middle size and one of the small dies.  They have been gently scored down the centre of the petals before 'pinching' them in slightly to give even more dimension when they are layered on top of each other.  Finished off the centre of the flower witha large gem and then used a spellbinder leaf die (the closet I could get to looking like a daisy leaf) and added three from scraps of Sage Shadow (loved that colour, shame they retired it).  The sentiment comes from an SU set called Heard from the Heart.

There's a farmers market in the city centre this weekend so we are going to catch a bus into the city have a wander around and also enjoy some lunch together.

  I have been busy the past couple of evenings putting some samples together for Lisa and I to have a go at while she is with me tomorrow - Lisa loves crafting but doesn't have the time to 'play' that often so it should be a fun and productive day.  The daisy card will be one of the cards we will be doing, along with some gift boxes (love making boxes) and a couple more cards.

Yesterday went ok with it being my first solo evening, much quieter that during the daytime hours and a lot quieter than where I used to work.  Fingers crossed I remembered to switch everything off and locked up properly - no cashing up to do which was a blessing, everything is paid for on cards - makes life so much easier.  Had a slight moment of concern when my line manager finally gave me the letter for the offer of the job as it stated it was temporary for 11 weeks - when I asked her about she did confirm that it was a permanent position and would speak to the personnel lady and get back to me.  For one moment I thought I could be going into very early retirement in 8 weeks time!

2 comments:

Karen K said...

Gorgeous, really beautiful Linda x

Julie said...

Oh my, the little daisy is so beautiful and pretty.
Enjoy your crafting day with your friend.