Followers

Thursday, 23 August 2012

Christmas chocolate treat boxes

DSCF1076 As promised earlier in the week here are some of the chocolate treat boxes I have been making.  They are big enough to hold a couple of chocolate truffles such as Lindt - they would hold more smaller sweets but I wanted something that was wrapped and would stay fresh.  I used this tutorial as my guide. SU's Bravo Burgandy is the cardstock I used with some scraps of a Papermania Christmas patterned paper.  Just a couple of brads and some SU Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon for decoration.  Not sure if you can see in this photo but I used a snowflake stamp on the cardstock to give it a more festive feel.

Today has been spent with Colette, Logan and Savannah - we've been shopping in town as I needed to buy Elisha a birthday present - I can't believe she will be three next week and starting nursery very soon.  David and Vicky have bought her a new born doll for her birthday and I have bought her a highchair for her doll and some clothes for herself.

Off to Moya's this evening with Jacqueline to spend some time chatting and maybe a little bit of crafting may get done too - I think I will probably take along my Prairie Schooler Christmas ornaments to work on.

4 comments:

Heli said...

love these little boxes, i may have to have a go, and that would be the first bit of cutting and sticking in a long while!

My name is Wynneth said...

These are just plain gorgeous Linda - thanks for the tutorial link, I've just watched the vid. Might have to make some of these myself :o) Hope you don't mind me copying ?

Have a great evening at Moya's, sorry I can't be there, but I've brought my quilt up to Dad's to do some stitching on it.
luv
wynneth
x

catherine said...

These are fabulous boxes Linda and such a fab way to give a gift. I can see the stamping and it looks great. Glad you enjoyed some time with the family shopping. Hope you have a great time with your friends and have a good weekend
x catherine

Julie said...

Super boxes, they'll make a wonderful little gift.