Followers

Saturday, 25 August 2012

CASology–Cue card Green

DSCF1079 The cue card for the CASology challenge this week is Green and I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for this challenge.  Fortunately for me Friday saw the arrival of two new punches by We R Memory Keepers that I'd ordered and inspiration finally hit me.  I've used one of the mini Lucky 8 punches to create a snowflake backdrop and when you use the punch you are left with four squares. The edges were inked with distress ink from the Tim Holtz winter collection.  I decided to use the squares and make them into little Christmas presents.  The bow came from a Stamps of Life set and so did the sentiments.  For a little dazzle I have added some green stickles to the bows.

DH is out all day today so I've got the house all to myself but I have plenty of tasks that need doing before we go away for a few days and I might even try and put a few stitches into the month of August.  I managed to grab a little bit of time before going to work yesterday and completed the A and one flip flop!

It's taking both DH and myself a little time to get used to the cupboard shift and we've both gone to the usual place when reaching for a cup!  We'll get used to it in time.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Very effective. Enjoy you quiet day, i've spent a nice morning with needle and thread - makes a change for me on a Saturday.

Rosemary said...

what a lovely card... thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this Christmas card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

catherine said...

Very creative card Linda. I have picked up a bit of cross stitching again today-seems like ages since i last did some!!
Hope you find some crafting time after your jobs.
x catherine

Jill said...

Have a lovely time Linda! See you soon.

Jill x

Jen W. said...

Love the way you framed that sweet stack of gifts! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Melissa said...

This is such an adorable holiday card!! Love how you used those squares as little gifts!!!! So creative! :) Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!