Followers

Thursday, 2 August 2012

CASology # 4 Cue word Bird

DSCF0981 Not much time for crafting this week as I am juggling two jobs but I have managed to create a card for this weeks CASology challenge which is using the cue word BIRD.  Now you didn't have to use a bird image but could intepret the word however you wanted.  When I thought of bird I thought of flying and knew that I had a sentiment and an image that would incorporate that thought.  The stamps are from Queen Kat Designs.  Initially I stamped up an SU scalloped frame which is now retired using SU's Ruby Red ink pad and second stamped this onto my card.  I then inked up the image and senitment and added them to the frame.  Finally from my stash I added a gold heart charm (the stamped image has a key hanging from the critters neck).

I've worked two evenings with my new job and all went well, will be working there again on Saturday.  A couple more weeks training and then I will be flying solo in that job if I feel comfortable enough doing the job.  Initial thoughs are that I think this was the right move.  Yesterday, today and Sunday are my last days in my current job which I will miss, especially the people I've been working with but I certainly won't miss the early mornings.

I have managed to watch some of the Olympics during the week and have enjoyed what I have seen.  Pity there have been a few issues especially with the disqualification of the ladies in the badminton but on the whole I think it's going pretty well.

I will post some photos tomorrow of last weekends outing with Logan, tried doing it with this post but it wouldn't let me upload them all at once this morning!

7 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love the dragon image and the use of the charm! I'm so glad you played along with CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fun card that dragon image is so cute. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Julie said...

Great card, very different.

catherine said...

It sounds like your enjoying your new job Linda and You know if you've made the right choice.
This is a great card and clever hanging the charm as you have.
Hope family are settling
x catherine

Patrice said...

Cute little birdie - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-31.html

Mrs A. said...

Great critter. Love how you have attached the charm to hang around his. Neck. Very clever idea hugs Mrs A.
P.s. glad your liking the new job. Always such a worry when changing jobs whether you have done the right thing or not.

Jen W. said...

Love that scalloped frame and sweet dragon image. Hope all continues to go well with your new job and thanks for playing along with CASologyt his week!