Followers

Saturday, 14 July 2012

Sunshine and snow!

 We have just got back from a wonderfully relaxing week in North Devon.  A mixture of weather, two sunny days, two overcast days, a very wet day and a showers and sunshine day.  From what I can gather a much better week than here in Plymouth.  We had already decided to make the most of the break regardless of the weather and every day we were able to go for a nice walk with Max and enjoyed both the sea and the countryside.

DSCF0722
On the Monday we walked around Bideford and followed one of the historic trails which we found a leaflet on in the holiday home. I'll try and post some photos of this and our other days out later in the week.  When we got back the sun was still shining so I decided I would spend a little time putting some stitches in the Fat Man SAL.  It was lovely to be able to sit out in the cottages little courtyard garden.
DSCF0848
I only managed to put in a small amount of snow and the footpath leading up to the house in this chart as the time spent stitching was very limited that day.  Time to go and see how my fellow stitchers have got on with their Fat Man SAL's this week and I will post some more photos later.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Glad you had a nice time Linda and made the best of it despite the weather!! Jill x

Julie said...

Welcome home! So pleased you managed to have a nice time.
Thanks again for my lovely parcel, I hope you got me email of thanks. X

Lucy said...

Glad you had a nice time away x

catherine said...

So glad you enjoyed your holiday Linda and hopefully had a little rest from all your recent worries before you went.
x catherine

Heli said...

Glad you managed to have a bit of a break x

Heli said...

Glad that you managed to enjoy the break despite the weather and all you have going on!

Shari said...

first off, thank you for visiting my blog & commenting about my sweet furry friend...
second.....LOVE your 6 fat men....I was suppose to be doing the SAL, but somehow it has never gotten started....I MUST get started...
love the picture of you sitting outdoors, stitching!!!

Karen K said...

So pleased you had a good holiday, looks lovely.