Followers

Sunday, 15 July 2012

Jingle Belles–Red OR Green

DSCF0850 I'm well ahead this time with the Jingle Belles challenge which this fortnight is to use either red OR green but not both of them together. I put these cards together yesterday evening. While looking for some suitable Christmas papers I came across a retired SU paper pack which was mainly reds, blacks and creams.  I opted to use to some of the red papers and inked some cardstock with a Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink pad to give some contrast.  This also matched the flowers which I bought at a craft show last September.  I've stamped the sentiment which is from a retired SU Hostess set and then used a couple of nesties to mat and layer the sentiment.

Today has been spent mainly catching up on the washing - thankfully it has been a lovely sunny day today although a bit breezy which was great as all the washing is now dry and waiting patiently to be ironed - a job for tomorrow!  I've also done some weeding in the garden after DH cut the grass so the borders are looking tidy again.  Finally I managed to get some stitching done too.  I was working on the LK months of the year - I managed to get June done while I was away so went to make a start on July only to find that I obviously hadn't looked far enough ahead and only had a couple of the threads required - I did make a start on it though.  As I couldn't do anymore to July I should have really done one of the many other projects I have on the go but I tend to have Sundays as my Lizzie Kate day but I couldn't do the Fat Man as that is reserved for Mondays only.  Naughtily I made a start on the Lizzie Kate Mystery Sampler instead.  Part 1 had arrived from the Patchwork Rabbit while I was on holiday and it was just too tempting not to make a start.  I'm really pleased with how much I got done and have completed almost all of the border which is with Part 1 - it probably won't get touched now for a couple of weeks as I am working all day next Sunday :(  I have this on auto ship so it would be really nice to get Part 1 done before the next shipment is sent out.

This evening I am hoping to print out some of our holiday photos and perhaps make a start on some LO's - we'll see - depends if I get distracted on the laptop all evening.

As far as I'm aware I don't have to go into work again until Saturday so this week will be spent trying to sort out a few things that I had hoped to do before we went away on holiday (but didn't get chance due to Colette being in hospital) and catching up on all my other stitching projects.  Colette is back home and baby is staying safely tucked inside and behaving at the moment which is good news for everyone, well maybe apart from Colette who really wants it all to be over with now.

9 comments:

Julie said...

Stunning cards, I can say that now I have one of your beautiful creations.
Such good news about Colette and the little one.
Great way to end your holiday with a new start on your return home, enjoy your stitching time this week.

lauren bergold said...

what an utterly jaw-dropping set of totally elegant and glamorous holiday cards! i love that deep maroon with the touches of gold... i don't think i've ever USED that combo, but now that i see what you've done, i'm sooooooooooo going to follow your example! ♥GORGEOUS♥!!!

SmilynStef said...

Love how you used the flowers to frame your sentiment ... so unexpected, but so perfect ... glad to see you join us at jingle belles.

Debbie said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog and your sweet comments!
These cards are amazing!!!! I love the little gold flowers and that paper is gorgeous!!!

Jill said...

Really love those cards Linda. Sounds as if you have got your cross stitching neatly on a rota!!! Jill x

catherine said...

These are so stylish xmas cards Linda and look very elegant. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time of work and relax a bit more.
x catherine

Karen K said...

Gorgeous cards

Glad all is well with Colette

K x

Barbara said...

Yes: elegant, that's the right word! Truly elegant.

June Houck said...

Excellent!!! I don't remember these SU papers, but I love the red and cream color combo...why have I never thought to use it??? Genius. Your card is so perfect and elegant; I *LOVE* it!