Followers

Thursday, 5 July 2012

Jingle Belles vintage challenge

DSCF0600This week  has not really gone to plan at all but I have at least managed to complete the Jingle Belles challenge -  I'm amazed I've had time to put my mind to anything this week.  The challenge this fortnight was Very Vintage.  I have had this sheet of paper with these tiny postage sized images on for ages so they have finally been put to good use.  So far I've only made up one card but it is my intention to get the other five completed when time lets me.  The striped paper is from my scraps box and I've also used a scrap of SU's Always Artichoke and run it through my paper ribbler for a bit more texture.  The ribbon and lace came from my stash along with the brad.  The flourish stamp is from SU's Vintage Vogue set and the tag stamp is an Itty Bitty stamp.  All edges inked with distress ink.

DSCF0599On Tuesday I had the pleasure of looking after Princess Elisha for a couple of hours in the morning while her dad worked on fixing his car.  We played dolls and had a little tea party and Elisha is a real sweetheart when she is on her own.  When with big brother peace is always shattered which is why DH has nicknamed them Chaos and Mayhem!  It's not often I'm able to get photos of them so I made the most of the opportunity and I think this will be a great one for a LO in the future.

I took mum out for lunch on Tuesday and after we called in to see Colette who is still in hospital only no longer at Derriford hospital in Plymouth.  She has been transferred to Exeter because they don't have any ICU cots available in Plymouth so if they have to do a C- Section it would have been a problem for the hospital.  Now of course it's a problem for us as we are unable to visit her on a daily basis.  They are trying naturally to keep baby safe inside as her due date wasn't until the 10th August but Colette is now even more anxious and frustrated as she is away from home.  Logan bless him is being passed around like pass the parcel as we all try and rally round to help Colette and Tim through this.  Logan stayed with me last night and may be staying again tonight if needed.  It really is a most frustrating waiting game.  We are due to go away on a weeks holiday on Saturday, not miles away from home and within distance if we need to go to Exeter for Colette.  The uncertainty of it all will take away some of the enjoyment of the holiday but Colette has said we have to go as it has been paid for.  It certainly doesn't get any easier just because your own children have grown up - just different anxieties and problems!

10 comments:

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

My thoughts and prayers are with you all and I hope Colette and baby remain fit and well.

We are thinking of you

love k x

LindaBrun said...

A beautiful vintage card. Love the small vintage image and the stamped swirls.

Julie said...

A darling pic of your granddaughter, they change so much between each pic, my camera is always in my bag for a photo opportunity.

I've been thinking of Colette

Much love to you all xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Oh dear Linda, I'm surprised you've managed to complete even one card with all that is going on in your life. What a worry with Colette and now her being so far away. I do hope it all works out well and I'm sure they are keeping a close eye on things with her and the babe. Poor Logan, but at least he has Nanny to look after him, he's such a little darling. Nice that you had time with Elisha this week too.

luv
wynneth
x

catherine said...

Great card Linda and love the vintage style. It must be a strain for you at the moment but she is in good hands and the best place if needed. No matter what goes on in life you will always worry about them all. You may be ablke to enjoy some of your holiday knowing you won't be too far away.
x catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Poor Colette! Obviously baby's safety comes first but it's so frustrating when the local hospital doesn't have the facilities needed. So much for "choosing" your hospital.

Fingers crossed they both stay healthy and well. I'll send some of my baby-glue, none of mine wanted to come out! Large Boy was a month late and Small Boy was 10lbs, ouch!

Pia S said...

What a great vintage Xmas card! Lovely images, all put so nicely together. Love all the blank space on this card too, a really fab design!

angelwhispers said...

Love it I adore the vintage look its just always so perfect for Christmas!!! Fingers crossed for Colette I bet she is so stressed being away from home and missing poor Logan too! Hope you manage to get away for your holiday! Love Chanelle xxx

Lucy said...

Really sorry to hear things are tricky for Colette. Hope everything goes well & the ICU facilities arn't needed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you all xxx

SmilynStef said...

What a prefect layout to feature those little vintage images ... love all of the gorgeous details ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.