Followers

Thursday, 19 July 2012

CASology challenge #2

 Yesterday after Logan's daddy finished work and collected Logan from me I was able to quickly snatch a few minutes to myself and made a card for the CASology challenge.  The cue word this week is HAPPY so appropriate for us with the arrival of Savannah this week.  The card I've made could be used for quite a few occasions.  I've used a Unity stamp to create the word strip across the card and then another Unity stamp for the main image which I have stamped once onto cream cardstock and then again onto some scraps of pink spotted paper. I cut out a couple of the hearts and paper pieced them onto the focal image.  I used the same paper to matt behind the cream card and added an SU sentiment below the hearts.
DSCF0864


The Music of the Night was fantastic yesterday evening and thankfully the rain stayed away so we didn't get wet.  It's a shame it is the last time they will be doing this event - it's been running for 12 years so I am so glad I got to see one of the shows.  It was a late night home and another early start for me this morning to make sure I was at Colette and Tim's for 5.30 this morning so he could go to work.  I have just dropped Logan off at his other grandparents until Tim gets home from work so now have the rest of the day to myself.  It's been lovely having Logan but boy I wouldn't want to be a full time mum again - I'd really forgotten just how tiring it is.  I think I will be glad to get back to work!


11 comments:

Karen K said...

Gorgeous Linda x Glad you are having a bit of a rest today.

k x

Ardyth said...

I love that background with all the happy words! I'm so happy you played along with CASology this week!

Laura said...

Cute card!
Laura

Tracey McNeely said...

Your background is so fun with all those words. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

catherine said...

Beautiful card Linda and very stylish looking. It looks like your help is very appreciated some quality time with Logan. I can't believe how much I fit into one day sometimes with mine. Will have loads of time to spare in a few years!!!
x catherine

Berni Cuttino said...

Beautiful DP, sweet card. Thanks for visiting and leaving the luv. Hugs

Melissa said...

Love the word strip behind the main image panel and all that cream cardstock!! :) Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

angelwhispers said...

Love the card Linda its just lovely!!

I know what you mean about being a full time mum again its so draining and when people say that older mums have more patience and time think its a load of rubbish I love Summer to bits but when she goes home I always need a nap!!! Love Chanellexx

Jen W. said...

I love how you used the patterned paper in the hearts and as the mat! A fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Patrice said...

Happy, happy! I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/07/52-card-pickup-week-29.html

Julie said...

I did smile when i read 'i wouldnt want to be a full time mum again' that is exactly what i said to my DH last week when Isabelle had been here for the day.

Beautiful card.