Followers

Monday, 16 July 2012

CASology challenge #1

DSCF0853 I came across a new clean and simple challenge blog yesterday evening and while I'm too late to enter it for this weeks challenge I still enjoyed playing along.  The CASology's 1st challenge was to use their cue card for inspiration.  I took out a set of my Avocado stamps which had the sentiment wishing you sunshine and smiles and just used a variety of other stamps from the set to create a small scene.  I matted this onto some pink card stock and cut out some hexagon paper from my scraps to go with it.

I did manage to print out some photos last night but got distracted by the CASology challenge and so I didn't actually get to start the LO but at least I have some printed out and ready to go now.
DSCF0855
Here's a photo of how far I got with the Lizzie Kate mystery sampler for Halloween - this like all the other Lizzie Kates is going to be great fun to work on.

The weather has changed again today and it's been raining all morning.  I did manage to get out with Max for a walk around about 8 before it really started to rain hard.  I've also managed to blitz the bathroom and get my pile of ironing done as well as trying to get as many stitches done on the Fat Man SAL.  Not much else planned for this afternoon so hopefully quite a bit of time to spend on it.

I noticed yesterday that Yiotas cross stitch blog has published a cute penguin chart which is free to download.  Later in the week I will be working on the landscape cross stitch kit from Yiota's as I would love to reach the top of the first arch and fill in some more of scenary.  I did work on Four Horses before I went on holiday but the frog attached itself to that one and I ended up having to unpick quite a bit as I'd miscounted - never mind!

7 comments:

Julie said...

The L*K mystery looks nice, going to enjoy seeing what stitches up on this one.
Pretty card.

Karen K said...

nice card and great start on the cross stitch.

k x

angelwhispers said...

Loving your card Linda the colours are so perfect and a great sentiment!! My word a Halloween sampler lovely can't wait to see this one finished.

So glad you both had a lovely relaxing holiday and manage to chill out a bit.

I have everything crossed for Colette she must feel so stressed and must be counting the days down now just wishing her beautiful baby was here!!!

Take care enjoy your week Love Chanelle xx

Jill said...

Oh heck Linda, so many cross stitch to do!!! Will look forward to ALL the next instalments!! Jill x

catherine said...

great card for the challenge Linda and lovely colours you have used. stitching is progressing well
x catherine

Mrs A. said...

Like your card and the xmas cards downstairs!! You managed to get quite a lot done despite the weather. I did blitz the kitchen and look for at least a nano second at the pile of ironing and it was still there!!! Hugs Mrs A.

Ardyth said...

Just got this in my reader and I'm sorry that you missed last week's deadline for CASology - this is so pretty, fresh and sunny! I'm glad you played along anyway and I look forward to seeing you in future challenges!