Followers

Friday, 1 June 2012

Yiota’s Cross Stitch kit review–how lucky am I?

 You may remember that a while ago I mentioned I had obtained a free cross stitch chart from a company called Yiotas cross stitch kits which I was keeping a mystery to my followers as I worked on it.  Since then I have purchased a couple of charts from them which were sent via e-mail in a PDF format - these were received quickly and printed out very clearly.  I have now been lucky enough to have been asked to review one of their complete kits which I am more than delighted to do.  The kit arrived packaged very nicely in a slighter larger than A4 slimeline cardboard box so very well protected.  The chart,threads and instructions were in a clear plastic bag which again would protect them from any outside elements such as rain while the postman was delivering it.

DSCF0473 As you can see from the first photo there is a lovely picture of the finished cross stitch kit so you will know exactly how the kit will stitch up - this one is called Landscaped window in stained glass.

DSCF0474

In the second photo it shows how all the threads are pre-wound onto stitch bobbins so no having to sort out your threads before you can even make a start on the stitching.  A needle is also included so you can make a start on stitching immediately.




DSCF0475The final photo shows the chart which is printed out on A3 paper with large and easy to read symbols in black and white.  Also included are clear and well written instructions on how to read the pattern and how to get started so fantastic even for an absolute beginner.  I know I have lots of projects already on the go but I can't wait to get started on this one and keep you all posted on it's progress each month.  Thank you to Yiota for this wonderful opportunity.


Yiotas cross stitch company is a small family run business based in the UK.  They have a range of kits suitable for beginners right up to the more advanced stitcher.  They use Zweigart fabrics in their kits and many are available in either 14 count aida or 28 count evenweave.  The threads that come with the kits are Madeira, but DMC alternatives are given on the chart.  If you would rather just purchase the chart then this is also possible and threads are clearly listed so that you can kit up the chart yourself.  Having received this kit (and another one which just happened to slip into the shopping cart) I would say that the kits are truly fantastic value for money.

As previously mentioned the company offer simple charts and kits for the absolute beginner to the more complex fine art pictures of which there is a very large range to choose from and when asked which kit I would like to review it was not an easy choice.  Communications are top class and I have  no reservations on recommending this company to you all - check them out for yourselves and see which kit or chart will tempt you.

5 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

This kit looks amazing Linda and I can't wait to see the finished project. You got me sooooo... tempted to buy a kit and do a little x-stitching again, but so far I've managed to resist as I have so many other crafts on the go at the moment !!! Enjoy your weekend.
luv
wynneth
x

Yiotas Cross Stitch said...

thank you so much for the review!

Julie said...

Great review Linda,I'm going to enjoy watching this one take shape.

angelwhispers said...

Wow this is great Linda you must have impressed them with all your beautiful work!!! Can't wait to see this evolve! Hope you have a great Jubilee weekendove Chanelle xxxx

catherine said...

This looks a beautiful Kit Linda and would love to see it when it is finished. The colours look so beautiful
Hope your enjoying your weekend
x catherine