Followers

Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Tropical Christmas–Jingle Belles challenge

DSCF0511 The Jingle Belles challenge this fortnight was a Tropical Christmas, it could be using tropical colours or images.  I had the perfect stamp in my stash for this card which is from Queen Kat Designs - I was lucky enough to have this one to work with when I was part of their Design Team.  I've managed to use some scraps of patterned paper which are from a retired SU paper pack.  The image was stamped onto a nestie die and then mounted onto SU's Pretty in Pink cardstock which I have edged with SU's Snow White shimmer paint.  I've coloured it in using Copics and have tried to pick out the colours from the patterned papers.  The sentiment is from a set I recently bought at the Bodmin stamp show and I've finished it off with one of my favourite Nellie poinsettia dies and a little pearl.  I've got another five cards prepped ready to make just need to colour the images in and assemble them later - time is running out as I have to go to work soon :(

I managed to get some stitching done yesterday afternoon while watching the tennis so pleased that Andy Murray won his first round match and so convincingly too.  We also had some other British players go through to the second round which is quite remarkable both in ladies and mens - fingers crossed they all progress further.

I also bought myself an alarm clock yesterday and tried it out this morning just to make sure it's in good working order - I certainly don't want a repeat of Monday morning.  This evening I am going round to share a crafty evening with some pals after work.  DH is away for the night so it's nice to have some company to look forward to.

4 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh YES! that is the PERFECT image for this, and just soooooo cool in every respect! and of course you've colored it so perfectly and chosen just the right papers and embellies to make it into a card. ♥LOVE♥ this totally tropical, utterly lovely card!

My name is Wynneth said...

It's so lovely to see the finished creation Linda, after watching you preparing the various elements last saturday. You are right,this is a perfect image for the theme. Good luck with getting the rest of them completed.

Looking forward to seeing you tonight. Don't work too hard !
luv
wynneth
x

catherine said...

This is a fab interpretation of the challenge and great colours. Hope your new alarm clock does the trick
x catherine

SmilynStef said...

Love the holiday lights on that palm tree ... you're right, it most certainly is the perfect image for a *hot* holiday card ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.