Followers

Monday, 18 June 2012

Scrap cards

DSCF0505 For the first time in ages I was able to go down to the Liskeard crop that Annemarie runs each month.  It must be at least a year since I went there.  I wasn't organised enough to take any photos to make into LO's but I did take my scraps of papers and cards and made my son-in-law his birthday card and two Father's Day cards.  For the birthday card I used some stamps from Tabbykat designs which included a golfing meerkat and a verse.  The flag was created using SU's Party this way stamp set along with the sentiment.  I initially coloured Gary in but it didn't turn out how I hope so I stamped him again and left him as he was. I used some cotton twill ribbon and used the grass stamp from the same set to take away the plainess of the twill.  A little heart button and a thin strip of card to thread through it finished off the card.

DSCF0504
It was then time to turn my attention to the Father's Day cards.  I followed a sketch I found on the Card Patterns weekly sketch blog.  The sentiment was stamped onto a Nesties circle and the sentiment came with I think the Creative Stamping magazine.  As I said all made from scraps so papers used would probably not have been my first choice but on the whole they didn't turn out too badly - the dads both liked them so that's the important thing.

Today it was Fat Man SAL day so I managed to get a couple of hours in before I had to go to work and have just added a few more stitches but I will post my progress picture for them tomorrow.

It's going to be a long week workwise I've already done two days one of which was 10 1/2 hours and I've got another four to go which also includes a lovely 5 o'clock start right in the middle of them!

7 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Hi Linda are you busy changing your blog look?

Hope you had a lovely weekend, these cards are lovely and I love the Meerkat!!! Love Chanelle xxx

Jill said...

Oh heck Linda that job of yours is something else!!

Such lovely cards and it was so nice to see you at Liskeard. Jill x

angelwhispers said...

It's changed!!! Hope work goes quickly for you Linda those hours sound really bad! Love Chanelle xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Great cards Linda, good to hear you managed to get to the Liskeard Crop. I'm liking the new look blog design too ! Sorry to hear you are in for a hard week at work - it'll soon be saturday/playday !!
luv
wynneth
x

Julie said...

Gotta love anything with meerkats on, they are adorable and so funny.

catherine said...

Love all these cards Linda and well done for using up some of your scraps. I think my box has overgrown and keep forgetting to look in it. I bet I could make 100 cards with all mine!!
You sound like your going to busy with work so hope you manage to find a bit of "you" time in it all
x catherine

Karen K said...

Gorgeous Linda, what lovely cards.

k x