Followers

Monday, 4 June 2012

May stitching updates and Junes Goals

DSCF0486 Finish page of Four Horses of Apocalypse.  I managed to get the page completed so I am now halfway through this project.  I have decided due to the complexity of this design I am only going to work on this piece every other month so will not be working on this again until July.

 
LK March and April charts
Once my additional threads arrived I managed to get March completed and also April - these really are fun stitches and I tend to work on these only at the weekends.
DSCF0487
DSCF0488
I managed to complete the stitching on the first of this years Christmas ornaments from Little House Needleworks another lovely chart to stitch - I didn't get it finished into an ornament this month so it still needs to be completely finished.
DSCF0490
Two of the Prairie Schooler Santas have now been stitched but again I haven't got round to finishing them off into ornaments - these are great ones to work on when I don't have much time in the evenings as they only involve two colours.
DSCF0491
Finally I managed to work on the bear sampler although I didn't complete as much as I would have like to have in May but at least some more progress has been made.
DSCF0492
I did also manage to complete part 1 of the Christmas mystery SAL from The Shop around the Corner and progress is being made on the Fat Man SAL which will be worked on again tody.

So now it's time to set some goals for June
LK May and June charts - if I can get June's done then it means I only need to do one a month in the future.
LHN Ornament No 2
Bear sampler
Yiota's cross stitch Landscape window in stain glass.

In addition to the cross stitching targets I'm also going to try and complete some quilting.  Some time ago I signed up for the Craftsy Block of the Month but as yet haven't managed to even complete one of them.  I bought the tools at the craft show in April so it's time I put them to good use.  I've decided to recycle some old duvets and sheets for my first attempt at these blocks.

It was wet and windy yesterday so we didn't venture very far from the house other than to drop in on both sets of parents.  I was able to spend most of the afternoon watching the tennis and working on the June LK chart.  In the evening we babysat Connor and Elisha.  Today is looking a little more promising so we are going to take Max for a nice walk through Plymbridge woods - fingers crossed we will miss any rain showers!

6 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

The Four Horses is looking stunning Linda, and lots of other projects going on too, what a busy girl you are !!
luv
wynneth
x

Saxo Stamper said...

What great progress you have made Linda x love them all k x

catherine said...

Linda you have made fab progress over the last month and been very busy. I'm sure you will have no problem with your new goals set.
x catherine

Julie said...

Lovely Christmas ornaments, I do love PS Santa's.
Hope you had a nice walk with Max.

angelwhispers said...

My word Linda I'm loving them all I just wish that I could cross stitch still but it just gives me headaches and then that yucky sickness!! Love March and April these look beautiful and wow I really can't wait to see the four horses finishes this really is a work of love its just looks complicated just looking at it!!!

Reading your blog you are so organised I just wish I could schedule things like you do I just end up leaving this when I'm bored you should see my conservatory I'm two third into organising my Magnolias and got bored!!!! lol

Hope you have had a lovely day! Chanelle xx

Heli said...

Linda you are going great guns, love the idea of setting the monthly targets, the block of the month is great fun, and you can pick and choose if there is something you don't fancy doing one month. :)