Followers

Sunday, 10 June 2012

Jingle Belles - Music Theme

Although I've been completing the Jingle Belles challenge each fortnight I have missed the deadline to enter them into their challenge, but this time I've actually completed them in plenty of time!   I've used some beautiful Anna Griffin Christmas papers and some Nesties to create a shaped aperture to show off the music paper.  The poinsettias are Marianne dies and I've used scraps of co-ordinating cardstock and added some ultra fine glitter for some extra sparkle.  The flourishes are a Sissix die and the stamps are the ones I picked up yesterday at the Bodmin Stamp show I went to with a group of my lovely crafting buddies. 

DSCF0496I actually started making this card last Monday and initially I had used an image of the three wise men on their camels but I couldn't get the image to work how I wanted it to.  It was obviously meant to be as the angel stamp and sentiment which I bought yesterday work perfectly with the idea I had in my mind so much better.

These cards have taken me half the day to make - there was a lot of stamping and gold embossing as well as a lot of cutting out of dies and angels but it has been an enjoyable half days work and hopefully worth the effort.

Going back to yesterday I had a wonderful time at the Art stamp show - there were not a lot of stalls but the ones that were there all had a different range(s) of stamps and other crafting items to keep stampers of all abilities interested.  With it not being one of those mega busy shows it also gave you plenty of time to look around without having to fight your way throught crowds of people and most of the exhibitors were either doing make 'n' takes or demos.  This gave you chance to take part and gain inspiration from the products they were selling.  I just hope the exhibitors made enough to make the trip there worthwhile as it would be wonderful to have something held on a regular basis in Cornwall.

Another gloomy day here so a perfect day for crafting - with my Christmas cards made until the next challenge I'm hoping to get a couple of hours stitching on my months of the year and maybe watch the French Open if they resume again today as they currently have a rain delay.

8 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What gorgeous details you've included in your design ... your choir of angels is magnificent ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles (if you get posted late, send us a note, so we can still stop by and check them out).

catherine said...

These look fabulous Linda and love the colours. So glad you enjoyed the show and hopefully picked up some lovely goodies to play with.weather here is miserable again today
x catherine

Eveline said...

Beautiful cards.
Eveline.

My name is Wynneth said...

These cards are gorgeous Linda, great idea for the aperture to show off the music paper. You are right, the Angels are just perfect. I didn't get chance to see all the goodies everyone bought as the workshop took so long ! which was a shame as part of the fun is checking what everyone got LOL I had a great day, thanks for your company.
luv
wynneth
x

Karen K said...

Oh wow these are beautiful Linda. I have to confess Xmas cards have not been done for a while now as I have been doing quilting instead... I should get back in to them otherwise I will be cursing at Xmas.

k x

Marja Rolfes said...

Beautiful cards Linda!!!! And all the cross stitch projects look great too!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Julie said...

Stunning! You make the best cards Linda, lucky Christmas friends who receive one of your beauties.

lauren bergold said...

holy ♥WOW♥ these are just sooooooooooo very beautiful in every way, but it's not until one enlarges the photo and really LOOKS that one sees allllll the many loving details you've put in to make them even more special: all of the embossing and glittery touches, etc! these are true MASTERPIECES and i am sort of shocked they only took HALF a day to make!!! ♥♥♥