Followers

Sunday, 3 June 2012

Jingle Belles gift card

DSCF0484 Late again as usual with the Jingle Belles challenge card, but at least I won't be behind with my Christmas cards at the end of the year!  The theme for the last challenge was to create a gift card.  I've used some retired SU papers to create an envelope to go on front of the card which you could either put a shop gift card in or cash.  The cardstock on the left hand side is SU's Early Espresso and I've used a Kanban stamp to create a background as I thought it looked too plain otherwise.  The sentiment is from Little Claire, ribbon is SU's Real Red and the holly sprigs I bought at a craft show last year.  I've also used SU's scallop circle punch and a CM circle punch.

This fortnights challenge is to use Christmas music as your theme - I've already got a couple of ideas floating around in my mind so who knows I might even stand a chance of getting it done in time to enter it for the challenge.

Yesterday we caught the train up to Totnes and then the South Devon Railway train to get to the Staverton beer festival.  We were all dressed up for a nice summers day and the sun decided it wasn't going to play, thankfully it didn't start raining until we were on our way home again so we didn't get too wet.  We enjoyed a couple of halfs of real ale at Staverton before getting on the train again and having some lunch at Buckfastleigh and then back to Staverton for another half before heading back home.  It was a lovely relaxing day and a great way to start off the bank holiday weekend. 

4 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Your cards look great Linda and I'm so jealous I have not made one!!! Sounds like the perfect way to start the weekend and very relaxing! Love Chanelle xx

My name is Wynneth said...

I love these gift card Christmas cards Linda, great idea. Lovely papers - shame they are retired !!. You are doing well with building up your stock of cards for this year, I'm lagging way behind !

Your day out sounds lovely, haven't done the Dartington train for ages, Staverton is a lovely place and real ale as refreshment - slurp !!!
luv
wynneth
x

catherine said...

they look so stylish Linda and the colours are great. You are so organised with keeping up with this challenge
x catherine

Julie said...

You do make such beautiful cards Linda.